Thread: LAX 2/23

LAX 2/23

O dark 30, and we are descending via the Red-Eye2 arrival into LAX,how bloody appropriate, I think as we descend,slow,and configure,over the black,black,Pacific, My crew and I's eyes certainly fit that description as we line up for runway 7R,at nearly 1AM local, (4am Eastern),time. LAX is practically asleep, practically but not completely, as we flare,touchdown(firm,but OK),and rollout in a welter of JT8D reverse thunder(guaranteed to wake the neighbors). We taxi in past a bunch of freighters spooling up for their nights labors, an EVA Air 747-400F, an NCA 747-200F, and somewhere on the frequency an Air France Cargo 747, who are lost,confused,and frustrating the heck out of LAX ground control. We park at the old Imperial terminal, disgorge our sleeping pax, change crews(our good ship is heading empty to OAK next),and then head for the hotel,the Sheraton Gateway. I will grab 4-5 hours sleep then deadhead back to DTW,on NW. I wake up in the gloaming, the sky a bright,pre-dawn blue, my window faces rwy,24L, and R,I spot while I dress watching a lovely Lan Chile 767 alight,and an all yellow Abx 767-200F ascend into de blue.That and an Air Tahiti Nui A340,are the highlights of my all to brief sojourn thru LAX, better layover next time.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Aviation prose. Kudos.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Thanks brother
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!