Thread: Camera Store Run!

Camera Store Run!

Well its time for me to buy a new lens and after looking over my current assortment I've decided on an ultra wide angle by Sigma, they just introduced the 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM. I already have one of their DC series lens and I'm very pleased with it.

Other goodies I need is another 1.0 gig CF card, another spare battery, and I'm thinking of a speed flash. Athough I don't do much photography that requires a flash now I'd like some suggestions. I prob could hold off on the flash and put it towards another lens.... :lol: what to buy though, lol

Hey Mario I'm going to Cameta its just down the street from you.......that Sigma 18-125mm has your name on it....... :twisted: :twisted:

I need a third battery, a pack of sensor swabs and a tripod (and/or a monopod).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

DAM I FORGOT THE TRIPOD, LOL that was the sole purpose of going there in the first place. The tripod I have now is a weapon, I need something smaller and lighter weight. Thanks Phil I would completely have forgotten. Ok no flash now.

I think Mike P. is selling a flash. The 580EX. You should really consider it.

Here's the thread
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I got a pretty nice tripod at Cameta last fall, just before my DC trip. I'll check out the brand/model tonight and let you know what it is. I was happy with it, probably shot 200 night photos down in DC using it.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    DAM I FORGOT THE TRIPOD, LOL that was the sole purpose of going there in the first place. The tripod I have now is a weapon, I need something smaller and lighter weight. Thanks Phil I would completely have forgotten. Ok no flash now.
    the heavier a tripod is, the more stable it is...... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JRadier
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    yeah but trust me this thing could kill someone, lol

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by JRadier
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":1e2cf
    yeah but trust me this thing could kill someone, lol [/quote:1e2cf]
    just keep it away from mario and you'll be fine (referring to a recent thread ;))

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Yes.. it wouldnt have been pretty if that tripod was around!

well, today we'll knw if Tom went to B+H!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

i didn't go to B&H today, it was just to dam cold to walk from Penn Station to B&H. However I ordered my lens from them online, the cost of the shipping was the same as a train ticket so it was a wash, plus I didn't have to get dressed to go shopping, lol.

I was really disappointed in Cameta yesterday, this was the third time I've been there in the past couple of months they didn't have what I wanted. Then he was pushing the Tamrom 11-18mm on me, the thing felt like a POS. It was slow focusing, had a plastic feel to it, and just didn't seem to respond very well. So in a couple of days I'll have my new Sigma lens in hand.