Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Southwest Deal from ISP

Awesome Southwest Deal from ISP

So I came home today to a letter from WN offering what I'd say is one of the best promotions I've seen in air travel. If your a Rapid Reward member you simply have to fly once yes once from ISP by May 15 and you'll earn a free ticket just as you would after you racked up 16 credits for a free ticket. There's no strings attached the promotion is real simple you fly once you get a free ticket. You do have to be a Rapid Reward member, new members also qualify for the promo. All you have to do is book your trip at Southwest.com between 2/15 and 3/15 and fly before 5/15. I already have two free tickets with WN but call me greedy but I just booked a quick trip to BWI for 88 bucks, I'm flying down at 8:30 on 3/19 and fly back at 12. Bingo free ticket for me :D

Thanks for the heads-up Tommy. Since it looks like I'm going to be doing the ISP-MDW shuffle more frequently, I just signed up for Rapid Rewards. Now maybe I can do one of those one-day faraway spotting trips!

And I love that your membership card is displayed on the web page, and you can print it out and cut it out - I guess it saves on mailing cards to members.

Tommy,

That sounds like a great deal, I may have to fly southwest for the first time. Are there any restrictions on the free flight that you earn?

thanks

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    At least hang around BWI for the afternoon. The viewing park is a bit tough to get to without a car, but you can hang around airside. Unfortunately, the Mexicana 318 and Icelandair 752 arrive after dark, but you stand a good chance of picking up some Omni and World D10/M11s plus whatever Southwest brings in that day.

Eric the only restrictions is that you have to fly by 5/15 and book by 3/15, other then that you earn the free ticket as you would if you earned 16 Rapid Reward credits.

I'm not going to do any spotting at BWI the sole purpose of the trip is just to get the ticket. I'll fly down and turn right around basically. I'll be doing enough flying leading up to that trip to get my fill.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    that is a killer deal. we can do a rounder to BWI and

earn a freebie to LAX. AWESOME. that is the best way to do it.

check your PM tommy.!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Oh lucky me, ill be in town in DC the 19th and I am scheduled to fly out of BWI at 6:30pm on SWA on my way back to STL. I might do a run with tom and marrio if he is coming, its 88 r/t for me. I would not get the free ticket however. but I would still get 4 pts rt as a college student. I am looking at possibly doing that.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    can the 19th unfortunately but we're there for 3/12.

its a great deal. for 88 bucks, we just nailed our next fare to California baby
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    can the 19th unfortunately but we're there for 3/12.

its a great deal. for 88 bucks, we just nailed our next fare to California baby
    mario. so u wont be able to come down to BWI on the 19th?

thats a shame as id be in town. id love to meet you. im flying into DC March 15th-19th.

i assume tom is still shceduled for the 19th?

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Wow, that's sweet. I may do ISP-BWI-ISP-BWI-ISP just to get two free tickets. That's an RT to Phoenix and LA right there for $177.20. Insane!

That would work, right? All the fine print has been read? This isn't too good to be true? Wow.

When would you receive the free travel and be able to use it? Is there a waiting period? I don't see anything about this deal on their website...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I called the airline about the promotion. he said so far its for those who got the promotion in the mail. it is for long island reisdence flyers who are currently a member of the rapid reward program. even tho i am a rapid reward member and id be doing a BWI-ISP-BWI flight , i would not get it ias i am not a long island resident nor would my flight be originating in ISP. That is what he said to me, so I have no other idea what might be involved.

Alex

Tom,

I may join you on the 19th, If I could get another trip out to the West Coast then I am in on this deal.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

What exactly does the letter say? Take a picture.

Like Alex, I spoke to a few reps on the phone last night, and they all said that if it's not on the website (ie: someone receives a letter in the mail), the offer is usually only intended for a few people. It doesn't sound like anyone but Tommy can get in on this deal.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Ok here's the final word after speaking to the Rapid Reward desk at WN.

First for existing Rapid Reward members. As members you know with the program after you reach your 16th credit your get a free ticket. With this promotion when you book at Southwest.com between 2/15 and 3/15 and complete your round trip by 5/15 you earn a free ticket, essentially you get your free ticket after 2 credits vs 16. Plus you get your drink coupons and all, I'll have four books of drink coupons, gonna have to use them I guess, lol. Just make sure when you book enter your Rapid Reward number into the reservation before you pay for it. If you don't your screwed.

Ok for all you Non Rapid Reward members. First go to Southwest.com and sign up for Rapid Rewards. You have to sign up on-line!!! Then Book your travel on Southwest.com just like I described above and bingo you get your free ticket!!! You all can finally experience the grandeur of ISP, lol god is that a load of bull.

All travel must originate from ISP. A booking of BWI-ISP-BWI does not count as that is a round trip from Baltimore not Islip.

Its that simply guys even the folks at WN can't believe this deal. Once I get my taxes back I might even book another trip down to BWI for April or early May, perhaps do some spotting that day.

This free ticket is going to be used for a trip back out to LAX for Oct. Mario you better be there!!!!! Shosh can take your credit cards and go to Rodeo Dr. for the week, lol.

So If anyone wants to travel with me the extra company is always nice have.

Tommy - So are you positive that people who did not receive this promo in the mail can take advantage of it? And you're also positive that you can get more than one free ticket by flying more than one roundtrip?

If what you say is really the case (and I dont have any reason to think otherwise), then this "buy-one-get-one-free-deal" is the best damn deal I have ever seen. I'll surely make a couple of quick, cheap flights down to BWI from ISP to get some free flights to LAX and PHX. I have never used WN free flights before, though, so I am curious about one thing....can you use them on an ATA codeshare flight, such as LGA-MDW-PHX, where the LGA-MDW leg is flown by ATA? This is bookable through WN's website as a WN flight, so I am assuming you could likewise redeem Rapid Rewards for that flight.

Josh

P.S. - Does WN go anywhere else from ISP that you could get for less than $100?