Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Southwest Deal from ISP

Eric, what flights are you on?

Attention everyone:

I have confirmed with Southwest that you can only get a total of ONE free flight regardless of how many times you fly from ISP during the relevant time period. You cannot fly to BWI three times, for example, and get three free roundtrip tickets. So my advice to you is to not go crazy purchasing lots of tickets, because you will only get one free trip out of it.

Josh

They seem to have their lines of communication crossed because I just called again and the CSR said you can fly multiple times. Certainly strange, although they do seem to know little about the promo without having to ask someone. I prob would book only one flight to be safe. I'll be flying out of ISP multiple times for biz before the promo ends so if I do get more then one free ticket I'll make sure I post it.

Whatever the story is earning one free r/t ticket for one r/t purchase works for me.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Hey Tom, thanks for the Dornier tip, just got back.

I think its safe to say their communcation of hte promo is a bit confusing.

On Flyertalk, I JUST saw a link to the southwest promo as well.
    http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526875

I know Tom and I have called SW and there were no limitations. If you want to be cautious, book a rounder ISP-BWI and call it a day. WOrse case, you blow 88 bucks and visit a pleasant city. GO spottting and /or take a women ot the Inner Harbor.

I'm a RR member and a Long Islander, so it shouldnt be an issue. But again, going by what was said on the phone, I dont think the link above is entirely accurate.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Here's a link to the promo on Southwest's website (scroll to the bottom): https://www.southwest.com/rrenroll/islip/. It sounds very much like it is limited to one flight only.

I called twice and was told both times that we were limited to one free flight, regardless of how many times we fly out of ISP.

Tommy, definitely let us know if you get more than one. I suppose anything's possible.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Tom has the info he was given.

And its worded differently from the linked promo that I referenced.

I think we'll be the first to do it, so once we know perhaps we'll let you know ;)
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

so.....mirrodie u get anything?

the sale ends tonite for ISP-BWI r/t I think

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

just ogt off hte phone with them.

I am convinced WN employees are convicts from a prison. Or at least their SUPERVISORS are.

here is my story.

saw Tommys post and called WN on TUESDAY NIGHT, prior to booking!!

I am already an existing RR member. but I did NOT get the promo. The rep on hte phone on Tues and WEds night (yes I am anal) said it was not a problem, we'd get the freebie.

SO I booked a pair of non refundables and thought I was set.

On thursday Am, I saw some ramblings on flyertalk. Now it seems the promo is ONLY to RR members who got the PROMO AND only NEW enrollees that are told about it.

So if Tommy tells me, an existing RR member who didnt get the promo, I'm out.

So what did I do? Last night, after a bunch of calls and not getting the answer I wanted, I RE-ENROLLED as a new Rapid Rewards member, BUT, under another address. Guess what, now I am open to the booking!

part 2 to follow,....just got off the phone with customer sevice. what a waste but Ill explain in a bit.

OK so I called the RR CSR (a supervisor she said) lady this AM and explained my buddy got this promo, we read it a thousand times and there are no restrictions noted on it. It says new enrollees and RR members. Nowhere on the promo does it say only Rapid Rewards members who got the promo!

She empatheized, ''im sroory you misunderstood, yaddayadda. THEN, she says, I swear to God, 'its a lucrative offer and only open to newbies and people who got tthe promo.

I then said, Ma'am, if its lucrative, that means you will make more money by allowing me to benefit. Further, I said, if my buddy told me about it, and now I am telling other newbies about it, WN stands to benefit, they will get a bunch of new members and more business. She agreed. So then, I asked to follow my logic, my buddy can benefit b/c he got the promo, I cant b/c I didnt, yet I am an existing member, and any newbie I tell about it will benefit, so that, in the final analysis, I will be givig WN free advertising but getting nada in return.

She couldnt get past her canned answers. For a supervisor, I was floored cuz I was being giving canned answers, no service, no flexibility or creative thought or even presence of grey matter whatsoever.

finally i told here i was able to open 2 new accts for my wife and I under a different address , so it appears that I am now a newbie. And hte new acct shows the MAcArthur Credit.

I told her I felt it unethical to to this, but again, she had nothing to say about it.

So in hte final analysis, and Tommy and anyone who gets the promo will benefit. ANd if Tommy tells anyone else about it, they will get a freebie IF AND ONLY IF they are a NEW member.

Again, the promo does not read that way.

BUT if you are already an RR member, and did not get a promo, do not bother. Only 50% of the WN CSRs seem to know the promotion.

AS for me, I'll wait a bit before I book a trip under the new acct. should be interesting.

Too Bad I'd never fly Southwest

I don't know why they would offer such a promo when they have like NO competition at ISP--although I would love to see that change.

Too bad I'd never be able to take advantage of such a promo because it will be a cold day in hell before I'd ever fly Greyhound Air.

To those who are taking advantage, enjoy!
    It's the fares, stupid

It can just be a way to spur activity and promote repeat business. They've made quite an investment at ISP and it is a good move to reach out to existing customers to bring them back.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I like Mario's idea about using different addresses and opening up multiple RR accounts. I found r/t ISP-BWI fares for $78, so I am definitely going to try this!

and promote repeat business. ...reach out to existing customers to bring them back

But Phil, thats the problem. They want to reach out to new folks only and to jsut a few current RR members who got the promo. This supervisor said that I am an existing RR member but b.c the Promo only went to Tom, only he can benefit and only NEW people he tells can benefit.

And as dishonest as it may seem, if I just became a new member under a differnt address, I was in the clear.

Its not hte most right thing to do but its was a no win with her onthe phone.

NEW DING FARE 29 ONE WAY which seems to be the same as Josh found, im cancelling my flight and rebooking under the new one and using my fare fund for another flight.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

True, and although it may seem unfair, that kinda of offer is extremely common in any business; new customers get a better deal over long-time customers.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].