Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Southwest Deal from ISP

Ok People. I have booked myself the BWI-ISP-BWI r/t as I will be in town. I know I will not get the free ticket but as a college student I get 4 pts r/t instead of 2 and I will have 14 points after this trip, just one more flight (most likely to DAL) and I have a free ticket.

I am booked...

Mar 19 BWI-ISP 636
    (BWI) at 12:00 PM Arrive in Islip (ISP) at 12:55 PM

Mar 19 ISP-BWI 713
    Islip (ISP) at 3:50 PM Arrive in Baltimore (BWI) at 5:00 PM

I am booked on Tom's flight going to BWI and I will be flying back later, to connect to my BWI-STL flight which leaves at 6:50pm. Looking forward to it!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Yes Josh you can book as many R/Ts as you want and you'll get the same amount of free tickets. Just as long as you meet the requirements I mentioned above. To answer your other question you cannot use Rapid Reward tickets to fly on ATA. So you'll have to drive to ISP.

So how does this work, though? You fly your r/t and then they give you 16 credits?

Do they fly nonstop to PHX from ISP? I remember hearing that they do.

How long is the drive from my part of Long Island to ISP? I have never once been there, and I honestly have no idea where it is!

Well, for the promo Tom is talking about it must be SWA metal, but u can receive credit for flying SWA/ATA codeshare of 1 pt per segment, such as I am flying STL-MDW-DCA. But as Tom said, you won't get the automatic free ticket.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Josh,

Islip is out near exit 61 on the LIE, if you would like we can drive out in one car and take a couple flights down to baltimore. About 45minutes to an Hour from your area depending on traffic.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    THanks again to Tom.

I booked last night but checked again once more.

Sorry Alex, I am going to miss you by a week, wifey and I are flying down on 3/12 and will have lunch in the inner harbor and fly back that day.

I did not realize that we could do it more than once. So I might see if we can do it a second time for a second freebie.

She's happy. I mean, run down to Baltimore for lunch and we can fly to LAX for 177 for the pair of us. its a no brainer. will I miss one seat travel to CA? yes....but the price is nice.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Eric, that's not too bad at all...I don't know why I was expecting it to be like 2 hours from my place.

I assume they have some cheap parking facilities around the airport? I'm thinking more in terms of when I'd use the free tickets to go to PHX, and I'd have to leave my car somewhere for a week.

These BWI flights are great...they're available pretty much every weekend, and you could get down there around 8:30am and not have to fly back until 4:30pm. Not sure what you could do in that time period without a car (i.e., without ability to get to the viewing area), but maybe a local could pick some of us up and be a chauffeur for a few hours. :)

Josh they don't fly non-stop to PHX, you can do one stop via MDW or BWI. Its not based on credits I just used that as an example of how you normally earn a ticket with WN. The promo is simply fly once get a free ticket.

Oh Alex you will not receive a RR credit for your ATA portion of your DCA trip, you will only receive credit for STL-MDW and MDW-STL.

Josh Long term parking at ISP is 8 bucks a day.

oh, and just to verify again,

TOm has it down to a "T".

no promo code needed and its not listed on the website. The agent on the phone had to find it. but there are no strings attached. simply follow Toms advice verbatim.

Josh, if you are going there to spot with just hte guys, hire a cab and you'll find there is one spot great for arrivals. I usually see it as we are about to land.

If you are going with your gal, take a cab or the light rail into the Inner Harbor. its a nice day out with your lady.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

I booked March 19th for the short hop down to BWI. I will book another one for April or sooner if a NYCA group wants to get together.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Tommy, I have a new idea brewing.

might se if I can fly out with you on the 19th too. She;ll be at the shower and I'll rack up an extra tic for us to LA.

She wants to see another part of CA this time, san fran, san jose, oakland, anything....so we might do that but I think ill also want to do lax.

So...still have my eye on the 19th ;)

Eric- sounds cool with what you guys plan to do as well. what are your flights?

Mario- not a problem, would have been nice to meet you. I will be in DC March 15th-19th so if you can make it down thats good.

Tom- Yes I understand, as per my reservation, I will get 2 points for flying STL-MDW, BWI-ISP, ISP-BWI and BWI-STL, thats 8 pts out of that trip. I have 6 right now, so add them together thats 14 points. Will need to do a STL-DAL day trip and get 6 MORE points (promo for DAL love Field flights) and I will have my free flight plus some points left over.

Anyone else planning this too?

According to Tom's Schedule, he will arrive into BWI at 9:40am so I need to be at the airport by 9:00am to be sure I meet him and whomever else flies down with him at the gate in BWI.

Then I will fly back up with Tom and whomever else on that flight, I will hang around at ISP for a couple of hours, then fly back to BWI, then connect to my BWI-STL trip to return home.

Looking forward to this, it will be great to hopefully meet some of you now.

Alex

I'll be in Philly that day.

Really an amazing deal. Glad you folks are taking advantage.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I might book this trip for every weekend in the next few months. :) Since most of my travel for pleasure is to places that WN serves (PHX, LAX, FLL, LAS), this deal is really too good to pass up. $88 to all of those places is just phenomenal.

I will post more after I speak to my wife tonight.

Josh