Thread: An Interesting and Good Day at Work Today !

An Interesting and Good Day at Work Today !

As most of you know I work in a Ramp Tower at LGA and bring the camera to work everyday. Usually on Sunny days not much out of the ordinary comes in but when it's cloudy/rainy that's another story.

Well today (Thursday 2-9) was a beautiful sunny day and while nothing spectacular came in we had quite a few goodies and we where departing 31 so they all taxied right by me ! Here goes the list !

AA 738 with winglits, Pink Song 757, ATA 752 old colors 2 UA Shuttle 735's, 2 AC E-190's, Comairs special scheme CRJ-700. and lots of nice Thursday afternoon biz-jet departures.

I have the ability to monitor ATC thru my console either on speaker or in my ear thru my headset. When time permits I enjoy listening in. I had just put the Tower freq in my ear as a Song 757 was rolling down 31 on takeoff. At about 2-300 feet the Tower said Delta 2046 contact New York Departure. The Captain calmly said we just had a compressure stall, possible bird strike, we are shutting down and engine, and will probably need to return to the field. I stood up and noticed the 757 climbing very slowly. I immediately called my colleges at the Delta Tower and they heard it as well ! The 757 made a slow right turn over the Bronx as the Tower stopped departures. The 757 ended up diverting to JFK where DL has a hangar as an engine change was probably needed. I was able to watch almost the whole flight in my binoculars ! It appears the flight may be operating JFK-MCO with a different 757 ! It was very interesting listening and I really compliment the Delta pilot on the radio for his calm professionalism !

Regards

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    of course, all this happens when i'm NOT at work...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Ron was the ATA 752 operating a mainline ATA flight or a charter, if you know?

The ATA 757 was just an equipment sub for a 738 (BTW still have not seen the 733 yet), even though I know it's been here ! There was an AC 320 charter to BUF around 1630, came from the MAT, Hockey team I presume, was not in Jetz scheme, just full new AC colors !

LGA777