Thread: AA to begin FLU-NRT

AA to begin FLU-NRT

American will begin flights from FLU to Narita beginning April 6 on a 777-200.

Exciting new service for the area.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Are you high?

No joke! I just got the press release in my email:

American Airlines Announces Service To Flushing, Queens
    Tuesday January 24, 12:00 am ET
    Daily Nonstop Service to/from Tokyo Narita Just In Time For Easter

DALLAS, Texas, Jan. 24 -- American Airlines (NYSE: AMR) today announced that it will place the new Boeing 777-200VTOL aircraft on a revolutionary service from New York's Flushing Airport to the bustling Japanese hub of Tokyo. Quiet and quick, the 777-200VTOL (for Vertical TakeOff and Landing) will provide the predominantly Asian neighborhood of Flushing, Queens with a direct flight to Narita, allowing locals to visit their homeland without needing to go to JFK and deal with traffic on the Van Wyck or the expensive AirTrain.

The thick weeds and West Nile mosquitos that have been growing on the field for the past two decades are "negligible", says local resident and aviation enthusiast P. Novanglus. "It makes for the perfect environment for an aircraft like the 772VTOL", which is capable of taking off and landing like a helicopter, while flying like an airplane, due to special valves that redirect significant portions of the engines' 110,000 pounds of thrust downward during critical phases of flight. This unique development in aviation technology will allow both American Airlines and New York City taxpayers to save millions of dollars in cleanup costs by eliminating the need to clean up at all.

American Airlines takes delivery of the first four 777-200VTOL aircraft on April 1. Flights are scheduled to begin on April 6, with a daily departure at 9:00 pm and an arrival the following morning at 3:00 am.

"We didn't want to impede on the normal daytime activities of drug dealers and high school dropouts, who regularly use Flushing Airport for maintaining their livelihood and education" says American Airlines representative Bill O'Reilly.

Councilman Hugh G. Rection is excited to see the once popular blimp-port prosper in modern times. "For the past twenty years," he said at a recent press conference, "Flushing Airport has been a disappointing scar on the beauty of Northern Queens. I'm proud to say that, now, thanks to American Airlines, we will be blessed with a really cool airplane at this disappointing scar on the beauty of Northern Queens."

For reservations and more information, visit http://www.aa.com.
    Incredible...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Guys, there is only one flaw with this new service ! The Japanese population of Flushing is actually very small, the primary ethnic groups are Chinese and Korean. I am surprised AA did not think of this ?

Cheers

LGA777

Hub and spoke, Ron...hub and spoke... :)
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen. There are tears streaming down my face.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

you guys have too much free time....
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I just booked a seat on the inaugural flight!

Who's joining me?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9