Thread: good eats ear hte Cradle of Aviation

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

good eats ear hte Cradle of Aviation

First off, to flyin colors, the cradle of aviation is in Garden City.

hving said that, what is very close to cradle that is good for eats?

besides ruth Chris and closer than ruth chris?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak. If you want a good steak its either Shulars or The Palm, nothing comes close. However Ruth Chris really isn't that far, Old Country Rd. is about 5 mins from the Cradle of Aviation. That being said you have tons of good eats along Old Country Rd in Garden City. Closer however the only place I can think of is Hooters, which isn't all that bad, good wings on boobs!

Shiro on Old Country Road if you're down for some higher-end hibachi action.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Best steak in the world is Rothman's. Route 106 and 25A. Pricey but it doesn't get much better. Not too far from GC. In GC you can go to BK Sweeney's (next to the post office) But I am not a fan, decent food at best.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak.
    Tommy please tell me your kidding! While Ruth Chris isnt the best (and ill agree with that) the Outback doesnt even come close!

As for restaurants near Garden City I'd try Cafe Baci on Old Country Road and Merrick Ave in Westbury - Great Italian food, I HIGHLY suggest it.

-Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

[quote=AA 777]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":a9ddb
    Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak.
    Tommy please tell me your kidding! While Ruth Chris isnt the best (and ill agree with that) the Outback doesnt even come close!

As for restaurants near Garden City I'd try Cafe Baci on Old Country Road and Merrick Ave in Westbury - Great Italian food, I HIGHLY suggest it.

-Matt[/quote:a9ddb]

No I'm not kidding Ruth Chris is terrible, dollar for dollar Out Back is better and even they Out Back isn't so hot. I think Out Back uses a pound of salt for each steak they make. Really though Ruth Chris isn't that good, I've taken home better cuts of meat from my local butcher. The Palm in East Hampton is simple the best hands down.