Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/22/05

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Why'd he run?
    Don't know - we (Chris, Erik and I) were over by the end of the park closest to the approach path, he was over by the bench facing the airport. After about 10 minutes, I suggested we go say hello. As we headed his way, he turned & went over to a parked van and got in. We decided to hang out by the bench. After a little while, he came out of the van, and headed down where we had been, giving us a wide berth. Eventually he headed back to the van and left, but never came close to us.

Are you sure it was Conor? I've spoken to hi online and he is often very friendly. He's a member here as well.

Either way, I really regret not having gone there that morning. I stayed in the hotel room spotting, and though I loved the views that I got, I also received a lot of haze from the heat of the terminal and the APUs of aircraft in the alley.

So my shots came out like **** and I missed out on some USAF and Pan Am action.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I stayed in the hotel room spotting
    Some date you are. I feel sorry for Mel. :)

bwahahahahahahaha!

....yes, we all know where Phil's priorities are. :P

On the other hand, after this weekend of being saturated full of plane nerdiness, ask me how many planes I can identify. My repertoire goes beyond Dash-8's now.

Well while everyone was out spotting on the 22nd I was on my way to Texas but I was able to catch Slam Dunk One at ISP. I was pretty pumped to see her there. Interestingly enough two hours later when we were pushing back for MDW she landed again.

Whoa, you weren't kidding about getting a good shot of her. At ISP no less!!!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].