Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USA Jets DC-9 @ FRG Again

USA Jets DC-9 @ FRG Again

That USA Jets DC-9 is at FRG again, she's sitting at the Jet Center with no scheduled departure shown. Yours truly didn't bring his camera to work again (before you ask, I'm an ass alright). If you can go check her out she looks right out of the 60's with her livery.

Looks like I have lunch plans now...and I do have my camera in the car, so maybe I'll get to post a few pix later today.

It's tight quarters over by JetCenter:

There was one mostly unobstructed angle however:

Awsome Jon! I stopped down at lunch to take a look see at her. I just really love the way this plane looks. She's still not showing a departure for today I'm hoping she'll still be there in the morning. Although my luck she'll be gone so we'll see what happens. Nice work Jon!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Nice shots Fred, but what the hell where you up on for that last one? That's like a 10 foot fence along there!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Nice shots Fred, but what the hell where you up on for that last one? That's like a 10 foot fence along there!

Shhhhhh, Don't Tell the Wifie!!! :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Wow, that is one gorgeous Deisel 9!!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I was pretty sure USA Jet was a pure freight outfit but I could have swarn I saw seatbacks inside a few of those windows ? Very Nice Shots BTW

Cheers

Ron Peel

The USA Jet DC91 ususally carry the college basketball teams. UCONN has a contract with USA Jet that will carrying the UCONN mens & womens basketball team to various cities where they play basketball on the road.

Go Huskies!!! :)
    John Perrotta

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    She's still not showing a departure for today I'm hoping she'll still be there in the morning. Although my luck she'll be gone so we'll see what happens.
    FlightAware shows a scheduled departure at 8 pm tonight, heading to Norfolk.

Hey Fred, that's a CR-V, right? A friend here just got one, maybe I can talk her into going spotting with me...

Quote Originally Posted by BDLGUY
    The USA Jet DC91 ususally carry the college basketball teams.
    Hofstra played Old Dominion in Norfolk, VA last night, which was where this DC-9 headed. FlightAware shows it returned to FRG last night after the game, so it may still be there this morning. Tommy, did you bring your camera today?

Looks like we also had an MD-81 in for a short (20 minute) stop around midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by BDLGUY
    The USA Jet DC91 ususally carry the college basketball teams.
    Hofstra played Old Dominion in Norfolk, VA last night, which was where this DC-9 headed. FlightAware shows it returned to FRG last night after the game, so it may still be there this morning. Tommy, did you bring your camera today?

Looks like we also had an MD-81 in for a short (20 minute) stop around midnight.
    Ok this is starting to become a joke!!!! I checked last night and saw she left, ok no need to bring the camera she's not there. This morning Mario's calls me and says she's there. So I check and see she's back, talk about banging your head on your desk. Well I guess the good news is if Hofstra is using her for charters she'll be back again.

Well I guess the good news is if Hofstra is using her for charters she'll be back again.
    Hofstra plays Northeastern University in Boston on Saturday afternoon 1/21, so we may see the little DC around the next few days.

Well I guess the good news is if Hofstra is using her for charters she'll be back again.
    Hofstra plays Northeastern University in Boston on Saturday afternoon 1/21, so we may see the little DC around the next few days.
    Jon do you know what time that game starts? I'm heading into Queens on Sat, might be able to make the side trip to catch her. Weather isn't suppose to be that hot though.