Thread: Air Canada E-190 LGA Ops Update

Air Canada E-190 LGA Ops Update

Hello Everybody, as many of you know AC has been subbing almost all the 190's scheduled for LGA with 175's. 319's. 320's even a 321 once. I can't tell you how many days in the last few weeks I have come to working hoping to get my first 190 shot and maybe the first 190 LGA shot on the web. I only saw one once, on Christmas day in Horrible weather with no chance for a photo. Well yesterday and today both (1-4/5) the 190 actually operated as scheduled so maybe whatever was wrong is fixed, I believe there are 3 in service.

For Friday 1-6 the 190 is showing it's normal 1630 departure and no ops are shown for Saturday. But for this Sunday 1-8 3 are scheduled arriving at 1340, 1540, and 1740 departing at 1430, 1630, and 1830. The first one and last one are probably the same aircraft. ! I hope some of you can get some shots, I finally got my first today !

Cheers

LGA777

What's "1-8 3"?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil,

Im guessing its 1/8 as in January 8th and then on that day 3 flights are sched.

-Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Sorry Phil, forgot a comma, Matt is correct, on Jan 8th, 3 190's are scheduled.

Ron

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    saw it for the first time today, it's a pretty big airplane compared to the size of the 170. looks good though...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

where are the pics????

Air Canada is to be getting one more EMB-190 Tomorrow or this week. I am sure you will see more and more of them once they start getting more and more this year. They are nice though PTVS with AVOD and 34"pitch in Y. I love AC, such a great airline :D
    "Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the whole human race." -- Bill.

Checked FlightAware as soon as I got home today, and AC714 was inbound as an E190.

Here's a ****ty ISO200 shot from my roof of C-GWEN on the Expressway Visual to 31 at 3:27pm:

Sexy beast!

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Nice catch Brian! I'd love to catch her this weekend at LGA but the weather looks worse and worse.

Wow, pretty shot, Brian. AC's scheme is gorgeous on that thing.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Great shot Brian! I'm getting more and more to liking these 190's - seeing them pretty much every day here in PBI (with jetBlue) - think I need to visit my sister later this year in BOS! :)
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Brian, I agree with Phil, great shot. This bird was under my care for about 15 mins today as her gate was occupied for about 15 mins after she landed, so I kept her on Zulu-Alpha where I could keep my 4 eyes on her, as I was watching her from behind with her little sister (E-175) on Gate A-6, I noticed how much bigger the 190's wingspan was, at least in appearance, than the E-175.

On a side note AC had a minor schedule change today and the three CRJ200's to YOW switched back to Jazz again, today/tonight we got a Green one and a Red one, sweet !

Cheers

LGA777

Thanks for the comments, guys.

Ron, I'm still waiting for the day when I hear you (and your four eyes :P) on my scanner...did they tell you I said "Hi"? I shouted it as loud as I could when they passed over. :)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Hi all, long time no post :)
    FYI, the AC E190 will also be arriving at JFK in the near future. As of 3/1, YYC-JFK will be operated 1x daily, with the E190. This flight was supposed to operate out of EWR, but will now go into/out of JFK.
    YYC 1235 JFK 1835
    JFK 0750 YYC 1118
    Greg