Thread: Any advice on these pics?

Any advice on these pics?

i know none of them will make a.net/jp.net but still any advice?

also, if you guys want to give it a shot at any editing on any of them , go ahead.

this was from a local spotting trip to AMA with my new camera, shows that its my new camera too ;)

Garri767

(ps i can edit with microsoft pictureit 9.0 , google picasa 1, 2 , )
    Two wrongs might not make a right, but three rights make a left!

They look kinda grainy...

Hey Garri767,

Like we discussed before, they can definitely use a little work.

1) Probably the best of the three shots...the quality is actually pretty good. My only qualm is a partial one, having to do with the jetway and how it blocks the nose. I do love the atmosphere of the shot, though. Good work.

2) Incredible subject, definitely, but the quality is less-than-stellar. There is obvious jpg compression around the windows and in the sky, as well as sharpening halos around most of the fuselage. I took the original you sent me and ran it through a few steps in Photoshop:

It's not leaps-and-bounds better, but the compression is gone and the halos are a little less apparent.

3) Like the PanAm shot, there is slight jpg compression in the sky. There is also a green color cast, probably from the window you were shooting through...which leads me to my next point. The window reflection is annoying, at best, but it looks like it can be cloned out with Photoshop. The nose of the ERJ is a tad soft, too.

Overall, your technique appears to be on the right track. Unfortunately, though, without Photoshop, it will be difficult to get GREAT quality out of your photos. Perhaps someone well versed in MS PictureIt and Picassa can give you advice on the actual editing process.

I look forward to seeing more shots, especially of the PanAm! :)

'Later,

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

that isnt green glow, THATS AT SUNRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! no one understands me anymore! lol
    Two wrongs might not make a right, but three rights make a left!

Honestly, the sun doesn't cast green light, so you need to remove that in post-production.

you really should try to get a hold of Photoshop, as not many of us are familiar with those programs.

I love your subjects though. Keep at it. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].