Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visiting NY for the first time, Jan 2 - Jan 9

Just arrived home on SK 904, after a beautiful week in NYC!
    And im right now in the middle of uploading my photos,

I would like to thank Phil, Brian, Josh and everybody for making my spotting day at LGA so perfect, It is wounderful to see how our hobby can put people from way different areas together, but it would not be possible without your great hospitallity!

The website has prooved to be a great tool for visitors and I´m sure I´ll be visiting NYC many times in the future!

I will upload some of my photos later on if you are interested!

Thanks again for all information and kindness

Greetings from Sweden

Johan Junemo

Johan,

It was great meeting you on Saturday at LGA. You're absolutely right about how cool it is that this hobby and this website can bring people of different backgrounds together to enjoy their common interests. One of the great things about living in New York is that my fellow aviation enthusiasts and I often get the opportunity to meet people such as yourself who are from out of town and who want to experience NYC.

Anyway, we hope to see you again in New York sometime soon. Maybe next time you'll come here when it's not quite so cold and we can enjoy some more of the spots around LGA and JFK -- I know you wanted to get some pictures at Planeview Park! In the meantime, keep taking those great pictures back in Sweden! :)

Cheers,
    Josh

Hey Johan,

Good to hear that you got back to "Orlando" with no problems. :P

I agree wholeheartedly with you and Josh. This site adds a whole new dimension to aviation enthusiasm beyond that of planes and photography - the ability to meet and connect with people from, for instance, Sweden, makes this hobby more satisfying than Canon or Nikon ever could.

The pleasure was all ours...you're definitely welcome back here anytime.

Looking forward to seeing your shots!

Take care,
    Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

haha!, yeah the trip to "orlando" was a real pleasure =)!

I´ve uploaded som photos on my website, http://www.junaviation.com/gallery.html

Hope you like them!

Johan

Just realized that I may have spotted the Delta Retro Jet, just passing Empire State Building, that must have been for LGA?

[/img]

Johan, that is indeed the Spirit of Delta. Nice shot! :) It was most definitely heading to LGA based on the angle of that picture. I don't think it would be going to EWR or JFK anyways.

Johan, I photographed the Spirit of Delta at LGA on Thursday 1-6, arrived around 1445-1500, does that time match up with your cool Manhattan shot ? Sorry I did not get to meet you but I am really glad you enjoyed LGA so much, your shots look Great !

Cheers

Ron Peel, LGA777