Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Info you'd normally hear from Ron... CR9 to LGA

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Info you'd normally hear from Ron... CR9 to LGA

mesa airlines is going to begin operating the CRJ-900 into LGA for 9 weeks starting on saturday, 14 january and continuing every saturday for 9 weeks from 1/14/06 through 2/11/06. the -900 will run once a day saturdays only as 5026/5075, to and from CLT. from 2/18/06 through 3/11/06 the -900 will run into LGA twice a day, again saturdays only as 5092/5075 and 5084/5057, again only serving CLT.

all the -900s that mesa currently operates are in america west express colors. stay tuned for ramp shots...

here is a preview: http://www.airliners.net/open.file/975167/L
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Interesting. (Probably a dumb question) Who are they operating the flights for?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Oh man, this has the potential to be awesome! Seeing an AWA bird again at LGA would really get me excited! That CRJ-900 is a cool plane, too.

Matt, what are the flight times?

Thanks a million for posting.

Josh

josh, flight times arent finalized yet, this was just the preliminary schedule that was published. i'll post back here in the future when the times are finalized. i knew you especially would like this one...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Josh and other interested parties. the times starting Sat Jan 14th are arrive 1259 depart 1410. The second flight starts Feb 18th and arrives 1729 and departs 1820 so it will be a wash as far as photo's till DST starts. And remember these are Saturday only replacing flights that are Airbus the other 6 days a week,.

Cheers

LGA777

Is this as America West or US Airways?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

America West doesn't operate CLT-LGA flights, so this has gotta be US Airways flights. But, unless they plan on spending the money to repaint planes for two months worth of flights, my money is on seeing the America West paint scheme at LGA!

ron how did you get the times? SABRE didn't let me pull it up today...

phil, they're US Airways Express flights operated by Mesa Airline.

josh, would be cool to see the plane painted in the new colors though.

Phil, not a simple answer. It is Mesa operating for US Express with planes painted in HP Express colors. Very confusing for all. I understand that all future CRJ-900 deliveries to Mesa will be in the new US Express colors, and when delivered ( I do not know their delivery schedule) those aircraft will be dedicated to the US Express side. I hope this explains things a little bit ?

Ron

Ron, that is what I figured. I'm very excited. I never got to see the CRJ-705s and this will supplement well. :)

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Josh, Mesa is currently operating 10 CR9-900's for US out of CLT, if you where to go down there one day you catch about 30-40 departures all in HP Express colors going to places like ATL,BHM.MEM.MHT,SRQ,PNS.IAH,DFW,MCI.STL among many others.

Matt, the first flight has been in sabre avail for about a month and a half, the second around two weeks, perhaps you need a stronger prescription buddy (just kiddin)

LGA777

stronger rx? let's not forget ron that sabre is your freind, not mine...

Ron, thanks for that info re: CLT. I may have to go down there one of these days. I also always catch the HP Express CRJ900s at PHX whenever I go there.

Flight times

Apollo is showing the 1 flight times as Ron stated.

When the 2nd flight starts times for the first flight are showing as:

Arrive 219pm depart 250pm

The 2nd one is the same times as Ron stated.

Definitely worth a trip in the cold.