Thread: Where do you people get your Gyro's?

Where do you people get your Gyro's?

i am addicted to the dude on 52nd and 6th ave. Not the famous "chicken and rice guy" who has the huge ass line but the dudes who are right next to him sorta around the block. Their chicken is a ton better and their lamb gyro is plentiful and tender. And they ain't cheap with the meat! and most importantly you ain't gotta wait 45 minutes to get food.

So anyways im sure there are other great ones around the city... which are yours. Please state the street and avenue if you know it. :D

Awesome thread...I was just saying to someone the other day that I haven't had a good gyro in awhile and was inquiring about places to get them. The best place I know is Fontana's Famous Gyro on the corner of Northern and Francis Lewis.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    damn, i havent had a gyro in the longest. just had lasagnia though...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm i could go for some chicken 'n rice

my friends get their gyro's on mcdougal around west 3rd
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

Awesome thread...I was just saying to someone the other day that I haven't had a good gyro in awhile and was inquiring about places to get them. The best place I know is Fontana's Famous Gyro on the corner of Northern and Francis Lewis.
    Holy crap... a good gyro place in queens?! this means i won't have to waste gas going to manhatten anymore if this place is the ****. One question, are they open past 10pm?

anyways...Thanks a ton!

the corner of 5rd and 6th... im their biggest fan, they are there after 7pm every day including bad weather days and holidays. These guys rock! I have the guys number on speed dial, because we do a lot of catering from them. They even have a website... http://www.53rdand6th.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hyder
    Holy crap... a good gyro place in queens?! this means i won't have to waste gas going to manhatten anymore if this place is the ****. One question, are they open past 10pm?
    I'm not sure...I've only been there during the day. It's pretty big. They seem like the type of place that would be open late on weekends.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Any Dinner out on the Island will have great Gyos

Yatagan, on Macdougal Street off of Bleecker. It's a doner kebab, which is similar, but still excellent. Cheap, and tons of meat.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

i think that's the same place i was talking about
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

I will be visiting all these places, mark my words.

My favorite joint for gyros here in Flushing would be Daro's on Kissena Blvd @ Elder Av....yummy ! :P

Another place that makes good gyros too here in Flushing is Barone's on Main St adjacent right under the LIRR overpass on the Port Washington branch....
    Fly KLM Royal Dutch Airlines
    "The Reliable Airline" of those Surprising Dutch
    http://www.KLM.com

Pinocchio's on 30th Ave & 32 Street in Astoria but any Pizza place or Diner in Astoria usually is good.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan