Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Huge Non-Aviation Photo thread

The Huge Non-Aviation Photo thread

I wanted to do this for a while... this is the thread to post any pictures that you like.

I will kick it off,

This is a 6Minute exposure at 1AM with NO LIGHT anywhere near!!!

I really want to see some shots of yours....they do not have to be a certain quality or even good....just shots that you like an maybe some info on why you like it so much.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

One more for Nick and Tom

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

As alway Fred very nice work. I drove out to the duck in the early evening, dam I did realize how far out it was. I was hoping for a bit more snow to be on it but oh well.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Nice Fred! Thanks for the Duck! would have went with you but it was too cold! This wx is the worst!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Great stuff, Fred...

One of my first non-aviation weekends with the new Rebel found me at the Hampton Classic. I think I posted some of these earlier, but here's one I really liked:

I have vague memories of visiting the World's Fair as a little kid, and on a recent trip to the area shot these:

With the stainless steel of the Unisphere, the water spray and the cloudy afternoon, it almost looks like a B&W photo.

I went down to DC a couple of months ago; it had been years since I was there, but it's always been a city I love to wander around, so much history, so many amazing sights...

I think this captures so much about the American experience - in Lafayette Park, right across from the White House, anyone can come and voice opposition to the government without fear of reprisal - how many places on Earth can you say that?

While DC has many beautiful sights, it really comes alive after dark.

This was shot from the hill near the Iwo Jima Memorial:

One of the figures in the new Korean War Memorial:

And a view of the Washington Monument:

I guess it has something to do with growing up (literally & figuratively) during the Viet Nam War, but this monument has always been special to me - I was even at the dedication ceremony on Veteran's Day 1982:

I love the shots from DC, I also have some shots from the Worlds Fair Pavilion.

Email me anytime at [email protected].

Nice stuff Phil, I really like that sunset shot.

Fred, I've always loved night-time photography, it can produce some stunning images. One of these days (OK, nights) I may need to come along with you and do some more of it.

G'day guys,

Nice shots by everyone! Derf - your rail carriage shot is amazing! Phil I'm loving your wildlife shots. Moose, this picture is awesome -
    http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/DC_007.jpg

Sorry about the large size of some of the images.

Macro shot of the Coca-Cola on an AA flight last year.

This shot struck me how patriotic the US is.

Sunrise over the Pacific Ocean.

Sunset from my backyard.

Another sunset.

Susent as seen through my childhood cubby house.

Rows of lavender at a lavender farm in Tasmania.

Macro shot of a bee harvesting the pollen from the lavender.

Riverside in Brisbane City at night, while zooming out.

A seagull flying over the Brisbane River.

My rowing coach tightens the bolts of the eight while my mates watch. (How lazy!!)

NC is down 15 points to ACGS and NC's halfback Blair is feeling the pressure.
    The whole game's gallery can be found here - http://www.tjdwyer.com/photos/rugby_NC_ACGS/

Macro shot of my sunglasses on a Virgin Blue flight to Tasmania.

My nickname - mushi - meaning insect. (long story). A 4 sec time exposure, with the camera pointing a mirror. I used a red LED to make the character.

Thanks for looking!!
    Tim

Neat photos, Tim. That's a great effect on the Brisbane zoom shot, and I like your creative use of the macro.

Fred, I'm glad you started this thing. I remember telling one of the new photographers on the forum that he should try some non-aviation subjects for a change of pace and to learn some different techniques. It's interesting to see what we shoot when we're not focused on aircraft.

MY God this is some fantastic stuff! Great work guys.

Being its Christmas here are some of my Holiday/Snow Pictures.

Top shots Tom! The gingerbread one makes me hungry though...

Tim

A little something for the pyros...

You haven't lived until you've pulled glass apart over a 2,500*F flame. :)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Great idea for a photo thread Fred! :mrgreen:

Here is a pic I snapped driving up to Mt. Rushmore this past March. I pulled off the road and got this great angle. It was windy and freezing but I stayed awhile and took it in as this spot has the best view of the mountain and the Black Hills. Under the pic is the words of the man who carved them with his own hands.

"Hence, let us place there, carved high, as close to heaven as we can, the words of our leaders, their faces, to show posterity what matter of men they were. Then breathe a prayer that these records will endure until the wind and rain alone shall wear them away."

Gortzum Borglum
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol