Thread: Sorry for my absence...

Sorry for my absence...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I havent been around for a while. I got very busy with work and had to deal with a few things on a personal level. One of which is a career change. I currently have an excellent and very lucrative career, but it wasnt everything I was hoping for and I am not happy with it. I took it upon myself a couple of months ago to apply at SUNY-Farmingdale for a degree in Aeronautical Science/Professional Pilot and was notified that I was accepted into the program a few days ago for the Spring Semester. Some may think Im nuts given what I have accomplished so far in my life to do a sudden career change with so many unknowns, but being a commercial pilot is a lifelong dream, im still young enough to do it, and I can always fall back to what im doing now bearing in mind that my current career enabled me to finance my flying dreams. There are many unknowns that lie ahead as I pursue this..but one thing is for sure, if im sucessful, I will be ina career where iM much happier than I am now. Wish me luck. Best regards!
    Vin

Vin,

It's great to se you back. I'm glad to see you making decision for YOU, whether they are aviation-related or not.

It takes a lot of guts to step off the path and do what your heart tells you to.

For people who don't understand or don't support you, **** them.

I'm glad you're pursuing your dream, and I can't wait to watch you go through it and succeed.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Best of luck Vin! A good friend of mine is a CFI with Farmingdale, his name is Ken Carter, he is teaching me to fly and he is very good. If you see him tell you know me!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Vin, welcome back. Although my career (US) has never been great paying I have gone through many pay and benefit cuts so it is no longer a good paying job. However it does pay the bills and more importantly in this case I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY JOB. My wife hope's to start a business which will possibly allow me to stay in my career, also work with her, and if we are lucky, be able to have a better lifestyle. Anyway point of my story is in my book you did the right thing and I bet you succeed. I would much rather have my so-so pay (and fringe benefits) and be VERY happy than be like it sounds like you where, well-paid but NOT happy ! Good Luck Vinny

Respectfully

LGA777

Thanks everyone I will definitely be looking for advice and support from everyone here...I hope to get more involved here again especially after christmas...im sure I'll be venting a lot about the course work here too. LOL.

Vin, If I can help you in any way let me know, I came up the interesting way, flying blue collar freight in DC-3s and Cv340s out Detroit way after I got my tickets, currently flying a 727 out of DTW, your 1st job will be the toughest one to get,but hang in there, despite all the crap you hear,this is still one awesome job, I love my work. God bless, best of luck, and good on you for having the guts and moxie to follow your dream !
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

good to see you back, its always commendable when someone makes a life altering change because its something they truly want to do. I wish you the best of luck with this endeavor

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Holy ****, Vin, good to hear from you. I swear, we were just talking about you the other night and wondering where you were!

Dude, go for it! Very happy to hear it. When would you start? And when are we doing happy hour after classes? ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I sent my deposit in today...classes start Jan 23rd...Happy Hour anytime!!! Im sure Fred will be at FRG taking pictures when i make my first flight!

good luck!
    i'm also planning to pursue my dream career and i'm starting soon- well hopefully- if i can transfer schools smoothly... and of course there's nothing "smooth" about college administration, but we'll see.

btw, i just realized how much my writing sucks :?
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!