Thread: Newb Photo help

Newb Photo help

A couple of months ago I took some photos on a ISP to MDW flight. I would liek to try and fix one up so that i can submit it to a.net as they dont have many ISP shots. The problem is that i took them with a point and shoot camera, the weather was hazy, and i don't have photoshop. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    I cant wait till spring to go spotting

Why dont you upload it somewhere and then post a link to it so people can take a look at the original file.

BTW, why wait until Spring to go spotting? A number of people were out today....freezing their asses off. :)

Welcome to the forum!

Josh

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Welcome!

There are many reasons why there are not too many ISP pics in the anet DB. You can't see anything there, there are not many good spots to shoot, all you see is ugly orange WN birds and the SCPD will lock you up because they think taking pictures of airplanes is against the law. Besides that good luck. My mission is to be able to get one shot at ISP in the anet DB and I will never go back. I enjoy shooting at FRG more

Did you go out today Josh? It was too cold. I drew the line when I shot with Moose and Tommy the day before Thanksgiving. Any colder I stay home, I don't care if Peter Max lands in the Costco parking lot. It's time to head west.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69

There are many reasons why there are not too many ISP pics in the anet DB. You can't see anything there, there are not many good spots to shoot, all you see is ugly orange WN birds and the SCPD will lock you up because they think taking pictures of airplanes is against the law. Besides that good luck.
    ISP isnt nearly as bad as you portray it. You just have to try harder.

Ok Joe I will. Just bail me out when I get arrested. ISP is not a spotter friendly airport. Gate pics are impossible and unless they are using 6 arrivials are tough to shoot and it will be about 30 mins before the SCPD are called. Not for me. Like I said one pic on anet from there and I am retired from ISP. Unless my buddy lets me do a touch and go there and bring my camera.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    ISP isnt nearly as bad as you portray it. You just have
    to try harder.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Keep Dreaming! it is exactly as he
    portray's it. Sorry but you become Jailbait the second you can see the
    airport boundry fence! My only way around there was with my son and
    that ended the day I got my DSLR!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Fred you are too much. To make Joe feel better here is a pic I took of ISP when I was doing a touch and go with my friend this past spring. The pic wasn't too good so I didn't upload it anywere. This is how you can get pics at ISP without getting arrested. Otherewise let's head to FRG! :mrgreen:

[/code]

1. ISP really is that bad. Joe, how many times have you spotted there for a considerable amount of time without being stopped by police?

2. xterra, post any photos here and we will help you out. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

here are the best pics, they are not that great.

this one would have been good but for some glare or smudge or haze

IF you think they are salvable, PM me and I will email you the full files (these are cut down) [/img]