Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austrian Airlines Star Alliance JFK

Austrian Airlines Star Alliance JFK

Austrian 767 came into JFK today. Unfortunatly they brought in the Star Alliance instead. 31L arrival. Looks like I'll ahve to try again.

Senga

Awesome! I'm looking forward to shooting those 767's.

Mike

Nice shot! I saw the full Star Alliance colors Austrian B767-300 at JFK on November 25th while taking the monorail back to the long-term parking area after arriving on a KLM flight from Amsterdam. A very nice looking bird!

I wasn't 100% sure as to when Austrian switched to the B767-300 since when I left JFK on the 18th of November the flight was being flown by the A330-200.

I'm confused about the "unfortunately" part of them bringing in the Star Alliance, especially considering that Austrian has one of the ugliest color schemes of all time.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'm confused about the "unfortunately" part of them bringing in the Star Alliance, especially considering that Austrian has one of the ugliest color schemes of all time.
    I was gonna say the exact same thing.

You got a nice picture of a plane that most of us here in NYC don't have pictures of (yet). Don't worry so much about whether it's Star Alliance or not...I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances to photograph the regular color scheme B767.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    ok in all seriousness star alliance needs to get a new paint scheme. this one is boring, steriotypically european too.

also, when are we going to see some laudia 777s repainted in austrains' scheme?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

At least Star Alliance has a special scheme on some planes. One World and Sky Team don't have jack **** (because they're inferior to Star Alliance).

Matt, I saw an Austrian 777 at SYD a month ago. Looked nice!

while i agree that they are inferior (flamebait) i do feel it's time for ahcnage. now i'm hungry, need food!! potatoe pancakes with apple sauce... mmm...!!

josh, got a pic?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I really liked the old Star Alliance scheme, with the different airlines' paint schemes each making up a portion of the fuselage. That was really unique.

Yes, I have a picture, but not with me at work. I shot the arrival on 34L from The Beach, but the weather had turned south shortly beforehand, and my picture doesn't have a lot of sun. :( I'll post it when I get a chance.

youre stilla t work?

I'll probably be here until 11 tonight. The average time when I leave is around 9pm.

damn... what time do you get home?

If I am lucky, midnight (I say lucky because I take a car service home, and often there's traffic heading out of the city, even at that hour of night). And then I gotta be awake by 7:45 in the morning to start all over again. That's why I hate getting up at the crack of dawn for spotting on the weekends.

lol.

Matt,

Just look on anet. Theres a bunch of pictures of the former Lauda 777's in Austrian colors.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true