Thread: 2 Chinese Sikorsky S-76s Choppers at JFK

2 Chinese Sikorsky S-76s Choppers at JFK

I drove to JFK this morning to see if there was anything interesting there. While I was there I came across 2 Chinese Sikorsky S-76s. Very nice looking I might add. They were obviously going to be shipped out. I don't know what China Rescue is but it probably is something similar to our USCG or their equivalent maritime operations. Not too long ago I saw 2 (Yellow) Thai Sikorsky S76s.

Senga

Nice! If I didn't have to work today, I'd head down for shots of those helicopters.

you mean partial helicopters!

Nice catch Senga!

Yeah, I was walking home from school one day and I saw two yellow helicopters flying in formation towards JFK maybe they were foreign?
    And they weren't DHL because they have the same bodies as these chinese helicopters, maybe Sikorky's or Agustas
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

2 S-76'S , I would think an AN-124 is probably not far behind to haul them over.

Corey

I think I've seen them get loaded into a 747 through the side door. They may not have been S-76's but I know they were helicopters.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that's interesting, never seen anything like that before. the yellow frame that the helo is attached to serves as a pallet to hard down in the cargo bin... pretty cool.

sorry, i'm an aviaiton guy and get excited over stuff like that... great job senga.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Thats another sweat catch there Senga.

I wonder if Sikorskys are not flown out of JFK somewhat regularly. I shot a HeliHong at about that same spot a few years back as well. (not as nice as yours here Senga, I think I had an obstruction fence or something in the way.)

I do think they're loaded on 747s though.
    "Keep 'em Flying"