Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily LGA Report

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    sorry all, forgot to translate the atis since i speak airplane. ;)
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

today was an intereting day. aside from the 90+ degree heat we had two very nice aircraft subsitutions.

AC brought in a 767-300 to accomodate all the pax that were left stranded from last night. C-GGFY operated flt 706 to YOW.

TZ had a mx problem on one of thier 733s and sent N518AT to operated flt 4227 to MDW. when i left work, the flt was still showing as operating on a 733 in saber.

for you three-holer fans, N727EC is still sitting at 5 towers, but the rear ramp is down meaning they might be leaving soon. there was ground power hooked up to the airplane, but no engine was running as yet. aircraft is scheduled to depart at 1300 but was still on the ramp at 1400.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

N518AT is a 757 Matt? I think I saw her in Vegas last week.

727EC great plane the throtles on it are gold plated or somthing i doubt solid gold but they were at Dolphin Aviation in Sarasota one day while I was prepping to fly and I got a tour, just my little tidbit on that bird. Gorgeous interrior. I will try to dig my pix of her up if anyone wants to see.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    AC brought in a 767-300 to accomodate all the pax that were left stranded from last night. C-GGFY operated flt 706 to YOW.
    What type usually operates this flight?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    What type usually operates this flight?
    A319 I believe.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Ding! Ding! Ding!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

tommy, 518AT is a 752. old colors, but still beautiful!!

gotham, AC 704/706 is a A319 normally.

while sweating away about 10 lb today on the ramp, and between training sessions with my agents where i proved you can fry an egg on the ramp, i managed to notice the following interesting movements:

at about 0710, N974AN (the first AA 738 with winglets) taxiied past my ramp for take off on 31. at 0745, N586NK (white spirit A321) did the same. N625CA (comair's 150th rj) fought his way to the departure line on B and Maround 1020, in the midst of a very heave traffic jam. finally, N516UA hasn't moved form it's position on the hangarline for the 3rd day now. mechanics came out and fiddled with it for a few hours, but i guess they got tired of the heat to and retreated to the wonderful world of conditioned air.

oh, about the egg... if you take a 4' x 4' of inch-thick steel and leave it baking in the sun all day then yes, you will be able to fry an egg on it in only about 2 minutes. was good for me, i made about $50 from the naysayers...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0954045/L
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0714779/L
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0591292/L
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0967019/L[/url]

About 1530LCL a white 727 with a blue tail and winglets (and what appeared to be no logo, or any airline name) landed on 22 (maybe Champion Air?). It was awesome watching her come in. I was on a DL757 that had just landed. I think a US A320 or 319 had just landed in front of the 727, and the 727 was doing some sweet S-turns behind it to allow for spacing. What a great sight!

That was N31TR, a former frequent LGA visitor that has an been an infrequent visitor the last few years. This Boeing got winglets back when they where rare, and despite the number 1 and 3 engines being JT8D-217's (MD80 engines) with the 100 degree temp she made a very long and heavy departure off 31 about 1620L.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1044708/L/

Cheers

LGA777

Yea that's the plane... What was it doing at LGA? Charter? Cargo?

If it is the 200 I am thinking of it is actually a privately held 727 I think. It was for sale with a broker down here forever.

I wish we (Champion) had the Valsan 727s, with MD-80 engines in the pods,and a -17r in the tail, they would make the LAS departures during the high summer a much less runway consuming, ground loving, high adrenaline event. I hope to snag one of our charters into LGA someday,not as nostalgic for me as JFK, but it would complete the trifecta!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

HOLY COW. since phil said i hadn't psted here since august i figured might as well do it now. AA actually brought a PW-powered 752 in today, i missed the reg since i saw it as it was rotating off of 31.