Thread: What was this plane doing at LGA?

What was this plane doing at LGA?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/303166/L/

Why was it on the east coast?

Joe

Well, assuming that you're wondering why it's a regional aircraft as opposed to the normal America west flights that operate out of JFK, that is a good question.

I forget where they operated to from GLA, but their service stopped a couple years ago.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I forget where they operated to from GLA
    AWA never operated to Scotland, Phil. :)

However, if I recall correctly, AWA Express did serve CMH (Columbus, Ohio) from LGA when they used CMH as a mini East Coast hub. Not sure if they served any other cities from LGA using an ERJ/CRJ. I bet Ron P. would know the answer.

I'm home sick all day. Bear with me Josh. :-p lol

Honestly, I was thinking CMH as well.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    chautauqua operates a majority of USX flights from LGA. it's a pretty big station for them, including a crew base and mx base. they are down a ship in USX colors right now, think it's a C check so they had to sub in a few other ships. probably did come in from CMH, we have a few legs between here and there. CX will sub the planes if they need it.

when did you see this plane there? i was at work all morning and didn't see it. what day was it here?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    CX will sub the planes if they need it.
    Yeah, I saw their A346 parked at the MAT the other day...

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    when did you see this plane there? i was at work all morning and didn't see it. what day was it here?
    December 16, 2002.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

CHQ is the code and RP is the code for IATA , not CX, That is Cathay Pacific correct?

Anyway it was indeed operating as an America West Express flight to CMH, when they have the mini hub at CMH. It was recently before those pics in TWA colors at STL as one of the pics noted.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    Cx is a code that we use among ourselves at work. and forgive me for missing the point... i started this morning at 0400 and didn't leave the airport until 1500.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.