Thread: Insane Cockpit Shot on Airliners.net

Insane Cockpit Shot on Airliners.net

It may not have any connection to New York, but....WOW.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/961403/L/

BTW, in case you didn't realize, this is the cockpit of Fat Albert, the support plane for the Blue Angels.

That's insane! Pilots like that are the reason I go to airshows. It is absolutely amazing what these "Cargo" planes can do.

Holy crap, that shot is awesome!!! I would have loved to have been in the cockpit during that.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that's great. when i was in KSNS this year the pilots of the C-130J that visited pulled that kind of a bank after a high speed pass for us upon thier departure to KOQU. in retrospect i should have hopped on that flight home instead of nonreving back from SFO... but then i would have missed out on the waffles!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Sweet pic!

I've got several pics in flignt in a C130, but it was cloudy and rainy when I took em, and the pictures don't show that kind of a bank. I did take some C130 formation flying though, which was pretty sweet.

I tagged along several C130 missions this summer up at Elmendorf in the cockpit, and we pulled some moves like that at about 300 feet AGL. A few times for fun, and a few times for training like avoiding SAMs etc... The best part about it was that I was standing up the whole time (there's a "stand" space on the left and right side in the cockpit both next to the FE's spot).

I was surprised at how much freedom they let me have during flight. We would be doing all kinds of stuff, and they pretty much let me go wherever and stand wherever. I would unbuckle right after the wheels left the ground, and buckle back up about 10 seconds before we touched down!

You can see the pics I took here:

http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=537

I'm sure Moose135 can relate to the picture, with some 135 stories...