Thread: Professional Attire

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Professional Attire

i'm just going to rant about something that has been on my mind for a while. i got stuck helping out at an open-house for my job back in the spring and as i usually do when i'm no in uniform i wore slacks, long sleeve shirt and a tie. now, that's fairly common for guys. you'll usually see them wearing either a suit or just what i had on at professional functions or in the business world. now, women on the other hand tend to get away with a lot more and have many more options to them. one of my fellow supervisors showed up slacks and a sweater. now, i tried that once and ended up on the recieveing end of my boss's bitching about dress code etc...

i'm not really complaining, just venting. i surely don't envy women and te massive closets they maintain. must be hard. just thinking about more than 4 pairs of shoes gives me a headache...

anyone have any thoughts on this?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I've always been jealous of girls being allowed to wear hats in school when guys weren't.

Girls do have a lot more options, but I think that a shirt and tie combo is something that's still classic and can make almost any guy look good still. I don't think that much variety is needed. It's not so much about rules as it is about fashion options. What kind of men's clothing can be formal other than a shirt and tie?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

although it'd be silly if there was no dress code, because of course there'd always be one dude who would take it too far. But i wish every day could be a casual friday. If everyone's looking proper, there should be no problem. i can't stand suits.

I find this whole issue particularly unfair when I have to go down to court in the summertime, because that means I have to wear a suit. Standing on that humid subway platform, and then walking from the subway station to the courthouse in the hot, humid summer weather, is a nightmare I do not wish upon anyone. On the other hand, girls can wear skirts and also what amounts to a tank top underneath their suit jacket. Even if I take my suit jacket off on the way to court, I still have a long sleeve shirt on with a tie. So while the females are able to cool off, I'm stuck sweating like crazy.

Thank goodness for the year-round business casual policy at our office. During the hot summer days, its nice to be able to wear a short-sleeved polo shirt.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i'm lucky in that since i wear the uniform i can wear shorts and a tee-shirt in the summer and insulated jumpsuit in the winter. i love it!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.