Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/12/05 - JFK/Costco

Quote Originally Posted by Tower Air
    WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE TAKING PICTURES IT'S AN EXPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH NOT SENDING THE PICTURES TO A TERRORIST GROUP

Pardon my post

You gusy should stage a protest about taking plane pictures It worked on the mta you should do it to
    There are better ways to communicate with them than protests, adn we are working on several ideas already. We'll keep you posted.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    she is this crazy old lady with nothing better to do than walk around the park and bug people,
    If I go to that park 20 years from now, I expect to see her bronzed as a gargoyle.
    I am going to wait till Senga is with me and I am going to wait till she comes walking up to us and then Senga and I are going to tag team her. Senga will do a Superfly Jimmy Snuka on her and I will do a fireman carry and throw her in the water. Then she can call the NCPD on us! :evil:

As for the state police and their notion of permits, well sounds like more gestapo tactics. Let me know what you hear Tom. Though I don't think we need any permits to shoot.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I don't think a protest will help us, just make us look like a bunch of crazys (I know, I know...).

We need to continue to carry on like John & I did today - don't hide what we are doing, be polite and mindful of others, and be respectful when approached by the authorities. Don't appear to be a threat and hopefully you shouldn't be treated like one. But mouth off to a cop, or refuse to leave when asked, even if you feel you and in the right, and you can find yourself in a world of hurt. How much do you think it takes to end up with a disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace bust. Yes, you may end being cleared, but who needs that hassle.

Tom T - I think I saw you at Costco, I took a swing through the lot when I got there, and I thought I saw someone with a camera over on the water side of the lot.

And may I add that I've lived in Nassau County for much of my 45 years, and through a variety of encounters with the NCPD I've never found them to be anything but professional.

Moose,

Your right. I tend to stay on the west side of the lot where people fish, you can blend in easily with the fisherman an nobody really pays you any mind. You were in a spot that many people saw you and as i said there is always one person that loves to dial the police. If you like shooting 31R go to the Firestone just east of Costco. If you have a 400mm lens you can get great shots.

We have to continue to stand our ground, I had this stupid SCPD rookie try to bully me at ISP this past spring, I stood my ground and was hoping they would try to detain me. I do have a pretty powerful hook with SCPD but the fact still remains we are doing nothing wrong, regardless what the police or homeland security think.

Hope to see you at JFK soon, I have all the time in the world now, not to mention it's getting lonely spotting alone. :mrgreen:
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nikv69 wrote:

<<Senga will do a Superfly Jimmy Snuka on her>>

I think Senga is working on some "green mist"... :)

Next time Monty comes our way, hopeufully he'll bring "Nathan Jones, aka the Colossus of Boggo Road," to handle these pests.. lol
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    For you guys that don't know Senga's buddy, she is this crazy old lady with nothing better to do than walk around the park and bug people, she walked near me and I shot her the look of death and she left, NCPD came 15 minutes later. So be advised.
    Is it her?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

That's a great video. I almost posted that i this thread last night, too. haha
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

LOL, great video. I wouldn't waste my time taking a picture of a whale like her! Too funny :lol:

I think Senga's lady friend flew to LA this week to harass me. Some fat beast from Compton was giving me **** about taking pics at the park across from Inn and Out. I asked her if she ever read the Constitution, her answer was "what", that's all I needed to know as I continued to take pictures.

Funny thing about the Police back in NY and the Police here. Sunday morning I was up at the hill and a cop was sitting there right next to me enjoying the view. Had a nice conversation with him for about 30 mins and never once did he ask for my idea or even say how taking pictures of planes is suspicious. We need to work towards the law getting use to us and getting to know us. Hiding from them being stand offish and pushing the limit of what we know not to do will only hurt what we love to do.

You are so right Tommy, the police in Vegas are so cool. So is airport security. They wave to you and ask to make sure you are taking pictures. So much more laid back than NY. It's a joy to spot out west