Thread: New York Techno Clubs

New York Techno Clubs

anyone able to direct me to some quality nightclubs in New York, prefer the resonating sounds of techno and wouldn't mind catching a set when i'm in town in january.

Crobar.

It's the only place that I find to be tolerable and I think you'll enjoy the music.

There's aplace caled Aer that is i the meat-pakcing district that you'll enjoy, and Avalon, which used to be the Limelight.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    you have to go classic and hit up webster hall!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

i know the Crobar from Chicago :) ohhh man i look forward to hittin that joint up in NY and Miami! do you go there often Phil?

I'm not a big fan of Avalon... It was nice when it was Limelight, but it has changed a lot since those days.

Not to mention, most of the people you'll find in there are between 16 and 20 (it's 18+, but I've met girls who got in with ID's etc.. who were 17).

I'm sure there's a lot of good websites out there with people's reviews of clubs that are exclusively techno, and where the hot spots are.

I'm not a big techno fan, but I caught Matt Hardwick somewhere a few years ago, and it wasn't bad. I like some of Robert Gitelman's and Misja Helsloot's stuff too...

I've been to Aer... but they didn't play techno when I was there. I've been to limelight... I haven't been there since the name changed. "Back when i was yoooour age" my friends and I used to go to Exit and Webster Hall for techno, but I don't know if they play the same stuff anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

thanks guys...i am really after the hard hitting techno sound, i noticed that Spirit has a banging gig coming up soon, anyone tried this joint out?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Dude, when will you be in NY?

ON the reverse subject, you'll have to cue me in to similar venues in Perth.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I remember my days going to Exit, that place is hot. You have to check out Webster Hall if you're in NYC. To bad the Tunnel and the Sound Factory are gone, they were an experience all to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie
    Dude, when will you be in NY?

ON the reverse subject, you'll have to cue me in to similar venues in Perth.
    21-24 jan...it's a weekend, oh i won't take you to a club in Perth, just take you to some outdoor dance parties if you enjoy techno.