Thread: Ripping a CD

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Ripping a CD

how do i rip a CD to save the tracks from it as an mp3? do i need specific software or will realplayer/ windows media player do?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Real Player and WMP will rip CDs but only to their own dumb formats, not to MP3. There are some good free ones available at http://www.download.com, I think the one I have at home is called Free CD-DA Extractor.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

i use itunes to rip my cds

in the options section is gives you the choice of ripping(or as they call it- Importing) it as an mp3. you can download it for free from http://www.apple.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I use a program named Nero to burn my stuff. SO easy to use. BTW "Ripping" is when you copy DVDs. Music is referred to as "burning"
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    I use a program named Nero to burn my stuff. SO easy to use. BTW "Ripping" is when you copy DVDs. Music is referred to as "burning"
    For music, "burning is when you create a new CD with songs from your computer.

"Ripping" a CD is when you import songs from a music CD onto your computer for MP3 conversion.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I've been using neoaudio forever, great program.

when you're doing the ripping. go to convert and then select extract tracks to mpeg. that'll turn your songs into mp3's.

http://www.topshareware.com/NeoAudio-download-6068.htm

free download.