Thread: JFk spotting question

JFk spotting question

Hey,
    I just wanted to know if the mounds are still avaiable to spotting or were they destoryed?

I am pretty sure they are still availble!

I think that maybe you should put all of your questions into one big question post! Title it, "My Spotting Questions"

Not many people would get annoyed if there was just one thread!

Last time I was out that way, a few weeks ago, it was still fenced off for work on the soccer field.

Last time I was out that way, a few weeks ago, it was still fenced off for work on the soccer field.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I have shot there. The foreman of the job (Gary) is a cool guy. He just asked me for my ID and for me to touch base with him when I showed up. I heard Art got a hard time from him but I haven't spoken to him about it.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

If i were to take the train/subway tot the airport-JFK.
    How would i get to the spot where i can see runway 13/31 takeoff and landing (spot A on the map)?
    How would i get there is there a bus that goes that way?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Not sure about any buses that run that way. I would just invest the few bucks and grab a cab. It's a 5 minute trip. How long are you going to be here? Is renting a car an option?
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Howard Beach (and just about all of the other JFK spots) are largely inaccessable by public transportation.

The closest you can get is with the Q21 or Q53, but it's still about a two mile walk from the stop to the spot. An alternative is to get on the AirTrain and take it to the Howard Beach station, but like the bus, it's pretty far from Point A on the spotting map.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Howard Beach (and just about all of the other JFK spots) are largely inaccessable by public transportation.
    I think the cab fare was about 15 dollars to Howard Beach from JFK, but I cant remember 100%
    "Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the whole human race." -- Bill.