Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Non-Aviation Police Stop Turns to Planes

Phil, I half expected to see the car take off too. That would have been sweet!

haha. That hunk of metal certainly does not fall into the "lighter than air" category.

I'm surprised we don't see those more in the post-9/11 world.

I recall a buddy having a run-in ON THE RAMP with El Al security. Maybe if he reads this, he'll share his story. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Good ole EL AL ...............

It was 3 years ago I was doing some shooting at "the holes" in MIA , when a North American 767 taxied up... she was flanked by a EL AL service truck.

I was in the company of 8+ others. Doing just what we have done all day, plenty of cameras pointing at the planes taking pics.

Then the EL AL guys, no bull, take out some sort of small machine gun and give it a shake. It was not pointed at us, but showing off sideways, going in an up and down motion showing us to "drop it"

Everyone lowered our cameras, then they chased the 76 on take off.

sickening............

All EL AL personal goes ape $hit during every movement.

PS---for those that don't know, North American sole business is feeding EL AL flights for them in the US, so its an entity of EL AL.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

don't forget they "THINK" they are the airport police but they have no authority but they have to call airport police to get you out i think you should go for the apology
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    You have to remember that El-Al although with no incidents, feels they are the most targeted airline in the world, hence the extra security.
    No airside incidents. El-Al security did kill that jihadist nutjob who started shooting people in their LAX terminal on the 4th of July a few years ago, thereby justifying their existence. That does not give them the right to harass photographers, but there's nothing that will change their mind.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Mike, that is horrible. I would have lost my mind, and probably have been killed.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingColors
    PS---for those that don't know, North American sole business is feeding EL AL flights for them in the US, so its an entity of EL AL.
    Actually, North American is currently owned by World Air Holdings, parent company of World Airways. Only scheduled service is to Accra and Georgetown, no more scheduled domestic service. They still do pax and military charters though.

That's pretty ballsy to pull the gun out in Miami.....they think they own the place?

-Rich

Sometimes things can be taken way way to far. I understand the need for security but that is just out of hand. Unless they were wearing a Police uniform or a uniform of the U.S Armed services I think the middle finger would have been appropriate.

Rich
    Thanks for the up to date fine tuning , interesting.

True Tommy, but it was just so shocking at that instant....I still can hear the gang gasping once the hardware was exposed, scary! Was piss off after they left, lol.

BTW, same deal, one could tell this was not some official truck, just a quickie magnet sign.

Mike
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Last year, I was on the TARMAC at JFK, WITH a PA OFFICIAL and we drove all around the ramp and runways taking photos.

But as soon as we rolled up to the 747 on the apron, some little ElAl chick approached us too, demanding IDs.

Now, she was no bigger than Shosh but could probably break me in half. Seriously.

Asked for our ID and tried to infer to the PA official I could not take photos. But, I have to say, she sheepishly tried but didnt get away with it. Got my pics.

In your place, I would have called the PA Police myself and called her on it. IN other words, I would have jumped on the threat. "hold on honey, I''ll call them myself and tell hem yo are harassing me." and maybe even phone my lawyer. PS carry your lawyer's number on your mobile phone.

Of course, like Tommy, I agree they have reason to protect their planes but not impinge on our rights.

And, actually, I believe ElAl DID have one terrorist incident many years ago.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Screw EL-AL security people. If you don't do anything illegal they can kiss your ass.
    In 2004 I was spotting from the observation deck at WAW airport when EL - AL security lady came to us (I was there with local spotter) and said that we have to stop taking pictures right away.
    We burst in laugh, and that was it. We've told her that if she wants to use her power she can go 10 yards away and harras 10yo boy taking pictures with his point and shoot film camera. And thats what she did! :)
    When I get home tonight from work I will post picture from that day - you will see why she didn't want anybody to take pictures.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Here is the reason why she came to us at Warsaw. They landed almost back to back

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO