Thread: 3 F/A18's at LGA now

3 F/A18's at LGA now

Hey all , just a little before 5pm , 3 F/A18's callsign Joker 91,92 and 93 landed at LGA I caught the last one which I'll post shortly .

Any clue as to why they're here ? My only guess is for the Yankee game tonight . Im not so sure since it'll be well after dark by time the game starts and with the weather forecast I have some doubt they will even play.

Darrell

What runway did they land on?

My guess to why they are here is because of the increased level due to what happened in the subway today, but why fighters for a subway thing. Most likely though due to the recent "threats".

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i doubt that urbanexplorer. not since 9|11 have fighter aircraft been deployed to civilian airports armed. besides, what is a fighter going to do for an attack in the subway. best bet, they are here for the yankee game, if they ever play.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Josh,
    They landed on 22 1st one about 4:30. the last was about 4:50 I missed the game since Im at work right now . Anyone know if they went back up for the game ?

Darrell.

besides, what is a fighter going to do for an attack in the subway
    what happened in the subway today, but why fighters for a subway thing
    I had already eliminated that.

The F-18's never went back up, some of us at work decided since they did not go back up the plan was to have them do the Saturday afternoon (1600 start) game. However as we know with today's weather if the game even happens the flyby is extremely unlikely ! Today is my only day off so I will not be at work to see if they depart, hopefully it will not be until Sunday when the weather should be a little bit better.

Go Yankees

LGA777

Boston is gone someone please pray the yankees will not lose tonight with chacon pitching.
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

Latest METAR from LGA: (1PM)

KLGA 081651Z 19014G25KT 3SM RA SCT005 BKN008 OVC017 23/22 A2974 RMK AO2 PK WND 17027/1627 SFC VIS 4 SLP069 P0005 T02330217

Although the 3 mile vis. isn't much of an issue for a flyover, the 800 foot ceiling is not very promising. I don't know at what altitudes they do the flyover, but all things considered, with the rain, low ceiling, not so great vis, and 14KT winds, gusting to 25 they may just decide to scrap it...

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    winds don't really bother them as much as the low ceilings do. they have a lot of power on tap and can always power through xwinds...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Those Hornets are from VFA-34 "Blue Blasters", of course, from NAS Oceana.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    winds don't really bother them as much as the low ceilings do. they have a lot of power on tap and can always power through xwinds...

Obviously, but from personal experience, I can tell you a lot of times flyovers will be cancelled with low ceilings and winds gusting to 25-30KT...
    Not to mention pilots don't have a lot of fun circling around in these conditions for 15+ minutes before the flyover....

Here ya go.. sorry for the quality