Thread: YYZ- Weekend Review

YYZ- Weekend Review

A big thanks goes out to Kaz and all of the other YYZ Spotters that showed us all that YYZ had to offer. There really is no bad spotting location at this Airport and from what I could see the people up there really embrace Aviation. On Saturday at one of the locations there had to be 30+ cars of people just watching planes.

Well here are a few shots from the trip, I am sure Josh and Matt will also have some stuff to contribute.

[IMG]

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Eric that is fantastic! I love that My Travel A330. Man we need some birds like that down here.

Nice shots. Interesting variety.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Eric, those are great shots! :) I'll probably be able to start editing mine this coming weekend, so I'll be sure to post a few in here.

For anyone who has ever considered spotting at YYZ, I can only say that you should definitely go for it. What a great airport! I have not seen very many airports where you have such access to all the different runways and the various nooks and crannys around the airport. As Eric also said, the locals are really friendly, and aviation is really embraced by the community.

I'm wholeheartedly looking forward to my next opportunity to go back up there. I might want to do a weekend trip this winter because we were told that one of the best runways (33L) is often used during the winter due to a strong northerly wind. Let me just say this about 33L....it would probably be like shooting from AMS...the spotting location is so close to the runway, and while there is a fence it is down in a ditch, so you effectively have nothing in between your camera and the runway!

Josh

Would it best if you went spotting on the freeway next to YYZ?
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

nice shots!!!!