Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens to all the planes on display at LGA?

What happens to all the planes on display at LGA?

I know that there were some ramp agents on the ground (and one in the cockpit of the AA md80:) ) watching the kid's day visitors, but will the airlines continue using those aircraft that were on display in regular service or will they have to be inspected?, because i know everyone was touching something, because I know me and my bro were foolin around with N700UW's MCDU.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

What happens to all the planes on display at LGA?

I know that there were some ramp agents on the ground (and one in the cockpit of the AA md80:) ) watching the kid's day visitors, but will the airlines continue using those aircraft that were on display in regular service or will they have to be inspected?, because i know everyone was touching something, because I know me and my bro were foolin around with N700UW's MCDU.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Well, based on my old "open house" days in the Air Force, they will get a thorough pre-flight before the next flight, but not much more than that.

Well, based on my old "open house" days in the Air Force, they will get a thorough pre-flight before the next flight, but not much more than that.

yeah, aweome thanks my man! dude !
    no seriously if they didn't do anything they would have realised during flight the phones not working ( :lol: )

Just another one of k9dep mischeivous dealings at kids day 2005

yeah, aweome thanks my man! dude !
    no seriously if they didn't do anything they would have realised during flight the phones not working ( :lol: )

Just another one of k9dep mischeivous dealings at kids day 2005

....and K9DEP....the guy in the cockpit of the MD80 is not a ramp agent. His an an ops/coordinator and while he seems a little crazy sometimes he just loves airplanes so much that it seems hes nuts.....He is *EXTREMELY* valuable to the AA operation at LGA.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

....and K9DEP....the guy in the cockpit of the MD80 is not a ramp agent. His an an ops/coordinator and while he seems a little crazy sometimes he just loves airplanes so much that it seems hes nuts.....He is *EXTREMELY* valuable to the AA operation at LGA.
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Yes, I've spoken with him and he is one man that I have the UTMOST respect for.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yes, I've spoken with him and he is one man that I have the UTMOST respect for.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

That guy was super nice and you could really tell how much he loved airplanes. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him, as brief as my encounter was.

K9DEP....while you are the only one who can choose your avatar, I was a bit surprised to see that you are using a picture of this guy.

Josh

That guy was super nice and you could really tell how much he loved airplanes. I'm glad I got the opportunity to meet him, as brief as my encounter was.

K9DEP....while you are the only one who can choose your avatar, I was a bit surprised to see that you are using a picture of this guy.

Josh

That guy in the MD80 cockpit has done more to help me with my photography then anyone else at LGA. I have known him since my days at Piedmont (mid 1980's). I could write a book about cool things about him but here is one. The AA 757 that used to be in the Retro Colors and 738 that still is are because of him. His brother is an accomplished model builder. His brother modified some 1959 AA 707 Decals to fit a 757 model. MD80 guy flew to DFW with the model, pitched the idea to then AA SR VP Bob Baker. The rest is history. AA was going to do a 777 also but then 9-11 came along. Anyway without MD80 guy and his brother the 757 Retro Jet and 738 Astro Jet would have "never happened". Maybe another time I will tell another story. I can't think of one person who works at LGA that deserves the "RESPECT" of this board more than him. AA 777 described him perfectly !

Respectfully

LGA777

That guy in the MD80 cockpit has done more to help me with my photography then anyone else at LGA. I have known him since my days at Piedmont (mid 1980's). I could write a book about cool things about him but here is one. The AA 757 that used to be in the Retro Colors and 738 that still is are because of him. His brother is an accomplished model builder. His brother modified some 1959 AA 707 Decals to fit a 757 model. MD80 guy flew to DFW with the model, pitched the idea to then AA SR VP Bob Baker. The rest is history. AA was going to do a 777 also but then 9-11 came along. Anyway without MD80 guy and his brother the 757 Retro Jet and 738 Astro Jet would have "never happened". Maybe another time I will tell another story. I can't think of one person who works at LGA that deserves the "RESPECT" of this board more than him. AA 777 described him perfectly !

Respectfully

LGA777

WOW, I had no idea MD80 Guy made the Retro jets happen.
    Now that's real real cool. I'm in love with AA (we should get married, but she's a bit strapped on cash...) and I think that's very awesome.

Next time, before I rush to any conclusions, I'll take the time to really look at the person. MD80 Guy, you're awesome! AA, woohoo
    Christos