Thread: Runway 4 at LGA

Runway 4 at LGA

Hi,
    to the people who have been to LGa and spot there regularly.
    And if you go to the planeview park just short of runway 4.
    When is the best time to go to that park and take photos?
    And what are the normal setting on the camera that you use (F stop, shutter speed, average focal length).
    B/c i went there today after the kids day event and i couldn't get the combo between the shutter speed and f stop correct.
    Thanks

Runway 4 at LGA

Hi,
    to the people who have been to LGa and spot there regularly.
    And if you go to the planeview park just short of runway 4.
    When is the best time to go to that park and take photos?
    And what are the normal setting on the camera that you use (F stop, shutter speed, average focal length).
    B/c i went there today after the kids day event and i couldn't get the combo between the shutter speed and f stop correct.
    Thanks

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Since it's always best for the sun to be behind you, there are better shooting positions available when you shoot in the morning, when the sun is in the east or southeast sky. In the afternoon the sun is on the opposite side of the flight path and there are fewer unobstructed shots from that side.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Since it's always best for the sun to be behind you, there are better shooting positions available when you shoot in the morning, when the sun is in the east or southeast sky. In the afternoon the sun is on the opposite side of the flight path and there are fewer unobstructed shots from that side.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

All the info you need is here:

http://nycaviation.com/lgaspotting
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

All the info you need is here:

http://nycaviation.com/lgaspotting
    Email me anytime at [email protected].