Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Class Flying.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

First Class Flying.

I just wanted to started another topic.

Tell me about your experiences in either First Class or Business Class.

I've flown in business a few times, most recently in AA from LAX to Maui. From the perspective of the casual observer, I really liked the service but came to the realization that the largest single reason for the increase of the price of the seat is, well, real estate. more room! Makes sense.

I mean, the extra food is a tangible and one can see the reason for a slight increase in price and the price on service is intangible, but you're paying for a bigger seat, bar none.

Well anyway, it was good times up in biz. it was on AA.

Wondering what other first class experiences are like.

Did you like it? (of course you'll like it when someone else is picking up the tab.)

Would YOU pay out of pocket for it?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

First Class Flying.

I just wanted to started another topic.

Tell me about your experiences in either First Class or Business Class.

I've flown in business a few times, most recently in AA from LAX to Maui. From the perspective of the casual observer, I really liked the service but came to the realization that the largest single reason for the increase of the price of the seat is, well, real estate. more room! Makes sense.

I mean, the extra food is a tangible and one can see the reason for a slight increase in price and the price on service is intangible, but you're paying for a bigger seat, bar none.

Well anyway, it was good times up in biz. it was on AA.

Wondering what other first class experiences are like.

Did you like it? (of course you'll like it when someone else is picking up the tab.)

Would YOU pay out of pocket for it?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

I just got back from a trip down to Sao Paulo on AA's 777, my first class seat going down had a broken leg rest so I couldn't lay flat to sleep. Business class seat coming back does not recline enough for me to sleep comfortably. IMO AA's international F and C class seats and service sucks, I miss flying on CX and SIA first class.

I just got back from a trip down to Sao Paulo on AA's 777, my first class seat going down had a broken leg rest so I couldn't lay flat to sleep. Business class seat coming back does not recline enough for me to sleep comfortably. IMO AA's international F and C class seats and service sucks, I miss flying on CX and SIA first class.

Oh, BTW, this was a business trip and the company paid for the ticket. I never would pay anything over Y class fare out of pocket on AA, it is not worth it and I still have over 150 upgrade vouchers in my account so I wouldn't have to anyway.

Oh, BTW, this was a business trip and the company paid for the ticket. I never would pay anything over Y class fare out of pocket on AA, it is not worth it and I still have over 150 upgrade vouchers in my account so I wouldn't have to anyway.

Really? See, I just cant fathom that. AA's international F seat and service sucks.

How can you knock the wider seat and ability to lay down?
    What exactly are you comparing it to?

I think thats important to know if you're going to say that, no?

In any plane, just the chance to have a bit more room to lay out in, thats great! Any nigher-than-Econ seat is wonderful, cause its only a finite moment in time and its just making it a bit more comfortable.

Really? See, I just cant fathom that. AA's international F seat and service sucks.

In any plane, just the chance to have a bit more room to lay out in, thats great! Any nigher-than-Econ seat is wonderful, cause its only a finite moment in time and its just making it a bit more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie

I am comparing AA' F class to CX and SIA's. The Asian carriers spend a lot more money on the equipment in the first class, they have 13"-15" personal LCD TV's with more movies and programs than you can care to watch on a 16 hour flight, all on-demand, not the poor quality Hi-8 tapes AA still use and the old hags forget to restart after the first round of movies are done. Their seats not only just lay flat, they are also layout longer so your feet doesn't hang off the edge. SIA and CX also use super comfortable bedding on the seat when you ask them to "make" the bed for your sleep. I accumulated 2.5M miles on OneWorld partners, mostly in F and C class, I know AA's first class sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrodie

I am comparing AA' F class to CX and SIA's. The Asian carriers spend a lot more money on the equipment in the first class, they have 13"-15" personal LCD TV's with more movies and programs than you can care to watch on a 16 hour flight, all on-demand, not the poor quality Hi-8 tapes AA still use and the old hags forget to restart after the first round of movies are done. Their seats not only just lay flat, they are also layout longer so your feet doesn't hang off the edge. SIA and CX also use super comfortable bedding on the seat when you ask them to "make" the bed for your sleep. I accumulated 2.5M miles on OneWorld partners, mostly in F and C class, I know AA's first class sucks.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    my first F class trip was JFK-LHR on BA. 'twas the summer i joined the mile high club. that story is somewhere on these forums already.

lately, ever time that i have to go for some kind of training for work i usually go to CLT to have it done. when that happens, we fly positive space and usually get F class seats. i have some wonderful memories of flying to and from CLT with one of my fellow supervisors. thanks sandy!! ;)
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    my first F class trip was JFK-LHR on BA. 'twas the summer i joined the mile high club. that story is somewhere on these forums already.

lately, ever time that i have to go for some kind of training for work i usually go to CLT to have it done. when that happens, we fly positive space and usually get F class seats. i have some wonderful memories of flying to and from CLT with one of my fellow supervisors. thanks sandy!! ;)
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I've flown numerous times on in both Grand Class First and GC Coach on MG's DC-8's and 727's. The few times I've flown on AA, JI and NW F class domestically doesn't even compare. Serivce on MG was truly spectacular. It's too bad those days are long gone.

I've never paid out of pocket for first/biz and probably won't if I can help it :)

Mike

I've flown numerous times on in both Grand Class First and GC Coach on MG's DC-8's and 727's. The few times I've flown on AA, JI and NW F class domestically doesn't even compare. Serivce on MG was truly spectacular. It's too bad those days are long gone.

I've never paid out of pocket for first/biz and probably won't if I can help it :)

Mike

I flew first class on TWA LGA-PBI-JFK on MD-80s awhile ago. The seats were nothing special, but the glass silverware and linen napkins were cool. It was also neat because everyone walked past as they boarded and looked envious.

My dad had gotten us first class tickets because the price difference was only like 100 dollars so he bumped us up.

I also flew Virgin Atlantic's Mid-Class back in the day LHR-JFK--the legroom was slightly better, and there were more TV options.

Finally, even though it doesn't really count, I flew United's PS from JFK-SFO, in premium economy. Great service....pancakes for breakfast, and a snack....a great flight.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath