Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First Class Flying.

a few first and business class trips for me, mainly with QF and SQ with the most recent being on UA from JFK-SYD, found UA to be very good and the premium service from JFK-LAX was exceptional, leg room was big enough to swing a cat! drinks and food were good and the seat was comfortable, the longhaul was with the old style seat which is still very comfortable on a 15hr flight! i'd recommend UA if people want good value for money premium fare.

Qantas on the other hand, been with them in business class to Europe and Asia and around Australia, very hit n miss, depends on the crew you get, my flight from FCO-SIN a few years back was terrible, staffed by underpaid New Zealand crew who were rude and obtuse to say the least! found the domestic legs are always pretty good cos the crews genuinely seem happy to work the shorter sectors!

SQ have the most robotic crews i've come across, didn't like them one bit and the flight was 14hrs from Singapore to Cairo via Dubai, not sure how to describe the service but it seems they try NOT to connect with the passengers, standoffish, not the Singapore Girl of old and i've not flown them since. if your travelling from this part of the world to anywhere you need to do it in premium class, it's just to far and exhausting in coach.

a few first and business class trips for me, mainly with QF and SQ with the most recent being on UA from JFK-SYD, found UA to be very good and the premium service from JFK-LAX was exceptional, leg room was big enough to swing a cat! drinks and food were good and the seat was comfortable, the longhaul was with the old style seat which is still very comfortable on a 15hr flight! i'd recommend UA if people want good value for money premium fare.

Qantas on the other hand, been with them in business class to Europe and Asia and around Australia, very hit n miss, depends on the crew you get, my flight from FCO-SIN a few years back was terrible, staffed by underpaid New Zealand crew who were rude and obtuse to say the least! found the domestic legs are always pretty good cos the crews genuinely seem happy to work the shorter sectors!

SQ have the most robotic crews i've come across, didn't like them one bit and the flight was 14hrs from Singapore to Cairo via Dubai, not sure how to describe the service but it seems they try NOT to connect with the passengers, standoffish, not the Singapore Girl of old and i've not flown them since. if your travelling from this part of the world to anywhere you need to do it in premium class, it's just to far and exhausting in coach.