Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TURN FOX NEWS ON RIGHT NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    The plane is N536JB. Josh, Art, Ron and Mike McLaughlin all have photos of this plane.

I think they'll be ok. We've seen these type of nosegear incidents in the past and I don't recall any serious injuries coming from them.
    CNN has been saying they have never had a twsited nose gear problem. its always been a gear wont come out, or partially halfway out, and its normally been the main landing gear. but never the front nose being twsited.

I am watching as well. seems to be frightenin moments for the passnegers on board.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

This is a pretty odd situation. I think they'd be better off with no front landing gear at all. I think the sideways gear can break off and get sucked into the engines or cause the plane to veer off the runway. Also...the flight took off less than 2 1/2 hours ago for a 6 hour flight. There is still going to be a good amount of fuel left if they do this now.

Having their broken plane plastered on every TV screen for a couple hours and announcing a loss for the quarter today = not such a good day for jetBlue.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

This is a pretty odd situation. I think they'd be better off with no front landing gear at all. I think the sideways gear can break off and get sucked into the engines or cause the plane to veer off the runway. Also...the flight took off less than 2 1/2 hours ago for a 6 hour flight. There is still going to be a good amount of fuel left if they do this now.

Having their broken plane plastered on every TV screen for a couple hours and announcing a loss for the quarter today = not such a good day for jetBlue.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

MSNBC reporting that America West had an identical problem with an Airbus in 1999 which resulted in no injuries.

MSNBC reporting that America West had an identical problem with an Airbus in 1999 which resulted in no injuries.

Great job by the pilots. Amazing that the gear didn't collapse and they stayed straight the whole way down.

Great job by the pilots. Amazing that the gear didn't collapse and they stayed straight the whole way down.

I agree - an amazing job by that cockpit crew - and - the skipper even kept it on the center line!!! AMAZING!! HUGE kudos to that crew!!

EDIT: I think I could see the a/c no as 536
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I agree - an amazing job by that cockpit crew - and - the skipper even kept it on the center line!!! AMAZING!! HUGE kudos to that crew!!

EDIT: I think I could see the a/c no as 536
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Yeah, great job. That plane was going pretty damn slow with the nose still in the air.

Glad to see a happy ending. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yeah, great job. That plane was going pretty damn slow with the nose still in the air.

Glad to see a happy ending. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Yup, it's N536JB. Says Canyon Blue.
    Christos

Yup, it's N536JB. Says Canyon Blue.
    Christos