Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: United Nations VIP Week2005 summary! Text and Photos

United Nations VIP Week2005 summary! Text and Photos

Ok guys heres the United Nations VIP week 2005 round up. First is the list of what I spotted and took pictures of while at the airports. The four aircraft that are the coolest catches this year for me are the Ukraine IL-62, Togolaise 707, Zimbabwe 767 and the Kygystan TU-154. There are a fe stragglers out there that havent checked back into JFK yet so hopfully I can add those of they came in during the day.
    The runway configuration this year was just horrible with mainly using runways 13L/R and 22L. As you all know this is very stressful and time consuming when you have to keep going back and fourth. In 2004 the main runway used was 31L/R or runway 4R so this made it much easier last year. This one was the most time consuming and very stressful as it had a differnt set up...but it proved to be the most rewarding I think.
    Thanks to those of you who assisted with the flight updates when needed and others provided updates on SWF aircraft for me.
    Enjoy!
    Senga Butts
    I compile this list every year of the planes I took pictures of. I suggest you start with this and then check out the pix.
    I shot VIPs from JFK, EWR and SWF. However about 95 percent were shot at JFK. #1 is last years VIP summary for those that are interested. link #2 is the 2005 VIP summary.
    1 http://nycaviation.com/vipweek2004
    2 http://nycaviation.com/vipweek2005

United Nations VIP Week2005 summary! Text and Photos

Ok guys heres the United Nations VIP week 2005 round up. First is the list of what I spotted and took pictures of while at the airports. The four aircraft that are the coolest catches this year for me are the Ukraine IL-62, Togolaise 707, Zimbabwe 767 and the Kygystan TU-154. There are a fe stragglers out there that havent checked back into JFK yet so hopfully I can add those of they came in during the day.
    The runway configuration this year was just horrible with mainly using runways 13L/R and 22L. As you all know this is very stressful and time consuming when you have to keep going back and fourth. In 2004 the main runway used was 31L/R or runway 4R so this made it much easier last year. This one was the most time consuming and very stressful as it had a differnt set up...but it proved to be the most rewarding I think.
    Thanks to those of you who assisted with the flight updates when needed and others provided updates on SWF aircraft for me.
    Enjoy!
    Senga Butts
    I compile this list every year of the planes I took pictures of. I suggest you start with this and then check out the pix.
    I shot VIPs from JFK, EWR and SWF. However about 95 percent were shot at JFK. #1 is last years VIP summary for those that are interested. link #2 is the 2005 VIP summary.
    1 http://nycaviation.com/vipweek2004
    2 http://nycaviation.com/vipweek2005

awesome stuff mate...that is quite a unique collection of visitors especially the Altyn Air!

awesome stuff mate...that is quite a unique collection of visitors especially the Altyn Air!

If there was ever a time to commit suicide for not making it out last week....it's now.

Great work Senga.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

If there was ever a time to commit suicide for not making it out last week....it's now.

Great work Senga.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Good summary/photo essay Senga!! thanks again, you never cease to amaze me with all the shots you get

Good summary/photo essay Senga!! thanks again, you never cease to amaze me with all the shots you get

AHHHHHH!!!

Incredible planes. Incredible shots.

Josh and I missed the arrival and departure of the Garuda 330 and Altyn TU154 on Saturday by mere minutes...it stings!
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

AHHHHHH!!!

Incredible planes. Incredible shots.

Josh and I missed the arrival and departure of the Garuda 330 and Altyn TU154 on Saturday by mere minutes...it stings!
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    and once again senga jsut manages to hit you right where it hurts.... damn dude, great work!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    and once again senga jsut manages to hit you right where it hurts.... damn dude, great work!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Senga, simply INCREDIBLE collection, thank you so much for putting this together for us, well worth the wait.

Cheers

Ron Peel

Senga, simply INCREDIBLE collection, thank you so much for putting this together for us, well worth the wait.

Cheers

Ron Peel

Senga that was extremely enjoyable to look at. What a fantastic collection of diverse aircraft. Great Job!