Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jet Blue EWR Question

Jet Blue EWR Question

Does anyone know what type of aircraft they will,be using for the EWR-FLL route. Tried booking flight to find out on their website and they dont show type aircraft. Have not got my OCT Skyguide as of yet. Will it be the Airbus or the E-190(have not flown a RJ yet)

Jet Blue EWR Question

Does anyone know what type of aircraft they will,be using for the EWR-FLL route. Tried booking flight to find out on their website and they dont show type aircraft. Have not got my OCT Skyguide as of yet. Will it be the Airbus or the E-190(have not flown a RJ yet)

I'd say your chances are pretty good it will be an A320. JetBlue will only have one or tops two E190s in the fleet by then.

I'd say your chances are pretty good it will be an A320. JetBlue will only have one or tops two E190s in the fleet by then.

the E-190 is not considered a Regional Jet, it is considered for mainline use. It can be used for regional routes and such (like Chinese Airlines do with the 747) But it is considered a mainline. So if you fly on the E-190, it is not correct to say "I flew on a RJ"
    Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

the E-190 is not considered a Regional Jet, it is considered for mainline use. It can be used for regional routes and such (like Chinese Airlines do with the 747) But it is considered a mainline. So if you fly on the E-190, it is not correct to say "I flew on a RJ"
    Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

It will definitly be the 320 as our 190s will not go into revenue svc till November. As far as the routes its still anyones quess but the 190's will be flying the upstate routes JFK to BUF,SYR,ROC,BTV and when it starts JFK-BOS. Also when they do start flying rumor has it that the flight designation will be a 4 numbers instead of 3 like we now have
    "You above all"

It will definitly be the 320 as our 190s will not go into revenue svc till November. As far as the routes its still anyones quess but the 190's will be flying the upstate routes JFK to BUF,SYR,ROC,BTV and when it starts JFK-BOS. Also when they do start flying rumor has it that the flight designation will be a 4 numbers instead of 3 like we now have
    "You above all"

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Alex

Why does it matter?

Alex

Why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    Alex

Why does it matter?
    That's because they can opearate it any where like jfk to burbank If it was a regional jet it would operate dca to jfk
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    Alex

Why does it matter?
    That's because they can opearate it any where like jfk to burbank If it was a regional jet it would operate dca to jfk
    "Regardless of where you go or what you do with the rest of your life,
    you can always know that when fate chose
    you for the ultimate test, you were not found wanting".

Captain William Kinkead in a letter to the crew of TWA Flight 843

DCA to JFK is flown with 737's and A320's. Does that mean that they are regional jets? And I don't think that E-190's can operate JFK-BUR-JFK.

DCA to JFK is flown with 737's and A320's. Does that mean that they are regional jets? And I don't think that E-190's can operate JFK-BUR-JFK.

The E-190 isn't considered a regional jet by Embraer. Its considered a 100 seat jetliner for markets both regional and longer range that don't warrant a 140 seat aircraft. You may see an E-190 for example on a JFK-BUF route which is regional and at the same time also be serving a longer range route like JFK-MCI for example, MCI to JFK probably doesn't warrant a 140 seat aircraft but may have the demand for a 100 seat plane.