Thread: The russians are coming

The russians are coming

At 8:15 this morning there were 3 Il -62 at JFK. Two arriving and 1 departing- wish I had my camera departed directly in front of me ... 8)
    "You above all"

its been like that all week. IL-62's every where. On Tuesday One TU-154 landed followed by a IL-62 and then a TU-154 departed. I was thinking to myself was I really at JFK.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

The Russians are here

I am so, so, so pissed. I just got back from visiting family in the Five Towns. Before I left Philadelphia, I thought, "maybe I should bring my camera. Even just the point-and-shoot. Nah, what are the chances of needing it?" On the way there yesterday, 9/17, at exactly 12:30PM, as I was driving east on Rockaway Blvd, looked to the left as I passed the DMV and saw, off in the distance, what looked like a 727. And as I got closer, I thought, "it's just a '27." Then as I approached the 22L approach, there it was, a damn Altyn Air TU-154. My wife and son couldn't figure out why I kept hitting my head on the steering wheel. Did anyone know about this, or get it on film?
    Never to leave the camera at home again,
    William Rizzo

there was also an Aeroflot IL-76 freighter here Fri AM about 9...I guess its hauling the limos and support equipment for the Russian delegation...saw it take off over Rockaway Blvd...used all the runway too....

there was also an Aeroflot IL-76 freighter here Fri AM about 9...I guess its hauling the limos and support equipment for the Russian delegation...saw it take off over Rockaway Blvd...used all the runway too....