Thread: Important Notes Exchanged At the UN Summit

Important Notes Exchanged At the UN Summit

This is an actual photo published on the Reuters photo wire.

U.S. President George W. Bush writes a note to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice during a Security Council meeting at the 2005 World Summit and 60th General Assembly of the United Nations in New York September 14, 2005. World leaders are exploring ways to revitalize the United Nations at a summit on Wednesday but their blueprint falls short of Secretary-General Kofi Annan's vision of freedom from want, persecution and war. REUTERS/Rick Wilking

The anti-Bu****es will have months of fun with this. It is pretty funny.

Here is the original link:
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 077477.jpg

Note: Reuters and AP have been caught running Photoshopped photos and deceptive captions before, but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Oh yeah I'm sure he'll get ripped apart for this, any chance the anti Ws have to chastise him they will. What's even more pathetic is the press, this is has to be one of the most unnews worthy things I've seen. I can't remember how many times I've sat through meetings and said to myself "oh god I'm going to piss myself if we don't break soon.

The man is human I wish the media would cut the crap already.

At least he had the forethought to give it some consideration as opposed to just getting up and walking out in the middle of someone's speech.

This whole "story" is ludicrous. I just can't believe how many people are talking about it today.

hahahahaha. That has to be fake. Right???? :shock:

I wouldn't question Reuters--they are a very credible source of news.

Now that is some funny stuff. The leader of the free world is at an important event and this is on his mind!
    If it 'aint Boeing, I 'aint goin'.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that just seems to good to be true...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting. The original photo apparently showed the President's whole body and the text was not decipherable. Condi Rice confirmed the note was real when a reporter asked her about it at a press conference.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

hahahahhaahahaahaaaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan
    You're kidding, right? My friend was a journalist for them. He said they're pretty biased in what they report.

Quote Originally Posted by bonanzabucks
    You're kidding, right? My friend was a journalist for them. He said they're pretty biased in what they report.
    In their defense, name a news source that ISN'T biased.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by bonanzabucks
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting.
    Yeah, sounds just like every photo on a.net :D

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    The Reuters photo editor working at the UN that day has admitted it took a bit of upsizing, contrast tweaking and cropping to get the writing to stand out. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it is interesting.
    Yeah, sounds just like every photo on a.net :D

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Reuters became one of the more noteworthy anti-US offenders when, a couple of days after 9/11, their boss instructed writers to avoid using the word "terrorist" because "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

The leftist leanings of their news division make them a completely hypocritical company, as it was founded as a financial markets data provider, and that is still how they make most of their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Reuters became one of the more noteworthy anti-US offenders when, a couple of days after 9/11, their boss instructed writers to avoid using the word "terrorist" because "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

The leftist leanings of their news division make them a completely hypocritical company, as it was founded as a financial markets data provider, and that is still how they make most of their money.