Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Farmingdale Visitor

Farmingdale Visitor

Hockey season is back, and the first charter hits FRG.

Sitting on Atlantic Aviation's ramp right now, with the team loading up:

Canjet B737-500 Reg: C-FCGG

Nice visitor to our little strip of asphalt.

What team is it loading onto Canjet?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Dam!! I'm right down the street and I don't have my camera. Time to start bringing it to work.

1) It's the Isles...

2) T-Bird...tell me about it, I'm looking at it out my window and the camera is home charging.

....talk about a day to leave the camera home...

now at FRG

Global 5000 - N140AE at Hangar 43

Ahhh, go buy a digital camera and take a pic of it!! Does FRG see a lot of airline charters? The biggest planes I have seen at FRG are the 727 and 732. Both times where wile I was taking flying lessons there.

Quote Originally Posted by IslipWN
    Does FRG see a lot of airline charters? The biggest planes I have seen at FRG are the 727 and 732. Both times where wile I was taking flying lessons there.
    Not many - mostly bizjets are the biggest things in there. The 727 that is there from time to time is an all-white cargo jet used to transport horses, and I've seen a BBJ there one time, but that is rare.

I haven't had time to look at the schedule yet, but the Canadiens, Maple Leafs & sometimes Senators come into FRG with Air Canada Jetz A320's.
    Usually see them 3-5 times a year. The Isles always depart/arrive from FRG when they go on road trips not "busable." They used to use Midwest Express MD-82's but they took CanJet today.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

only one note to add.

Moose and lijk are dead on, mostly biz jets, with the occasional A/C A320s(I've not seen these personally) but I have seen the 732's they use.

There's that Expressnet 727, all-white that was mentioned. Honestly, that is a cool sight to behold. I was coming to work one AM, south on Wantagh Pkwy, when I saw the 727 gentle meadering toward me before she turned east to land.

I rushed over there and when I got to FRG, there she was and the horses were being boarded. That is just a different treat to see, you know? The horses were boarded through a large swing open door on the starboard side of the aircraft.

The largest plane I have seen there was the all-white, 757, USAF with Reg. 25002. I was studying for my boards at Borders bookstore in that plaza and it was about 9:30 when I walked out and just noticed this tall red light. it just seemed odd so I drove over and was pleasantly surpreised to see this 757 taxiing over.

In the 40 minutes it took for me to run home, change, eat, chill out and come back, thinking it'd be there, poof, she was gone. It was dark anyway so it wasnt meant to be.

so the largest jet I've seen there is a 757
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

The USAF 757 last visited the airport back in March of '04 when the President came to dedicate a 9/11 memorial in East Meadow.
    Back a few years ago when Sport Hawk was still around, you would see their B727's at what was then Millionair all the time. Air Canada's "Jetz" division B732's have made an appearance, along with a Miami Air B738. BBJ's and A319's along with other classic 737's are not as rare as you think.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    thanks for clarifying KFRG.

So is that the largest a/c that FRG can handle?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

it can handle a 767....they were expecting one a few months ago but they got a 757. I took some crappy pics due to weather.

Quote Originally Posted by KFRG
    The USAF 757 last visited the airport back in March of '04 when the President came to dedicate a 9/11 memorial in East Meadow.
    Back a few years ago when Sport Hawk was still around, you would see their B727's at what was then Millionair all the time. Air Canada's "Jetz" division B732's have made an appearance, along with a Miami Air B738. BBJ's and A319's along with other classic 737's are not as rare as you think.

I have pictures of all aircraft mentioned above, and the 727 horse carrier, a Midwest Maddog and some others. Some jaggoff gave me a hard time about taking shots of the 757 Airforce 1. :lol: Ya know its illegal right? :lol:
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Oh, I did get some great cockpit shots of a 734.... I think I have pictures of about 10 different 737's and a few airbus
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

It's all variable, depending on a/c weight. A lightly loaded DC-10 would be able to fly into/out of KFRG if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by KFRG
    It's all variable, depending on a/c weight. A lightly loaded DC-10 would be able to fly into/out of KFRG if need be.
    I do not think so....I believe the only way they would have a 10 or 11 come in is if it was an emerengcy ditching because they would not be able to have it taxi off the runway due to its size...they would probably need to get a tug from JFK and have it push the aircraft all the way to the other end of the runway for takeoff after unloading and any repairs.....

They had many questions about the 767 that was suppose to come in and where they would put all the other aircraft. Weight is only one issue...the taxiway width is another one