Thread: We truly live in a great country

We truly live in a great country

This evening like many of you I watched the Discovery Channel special on United Flight 93 on this the fourth anniversary of the attacks on September 11th 2001 and I was reminded what it means to be an American.

Four years later I must admit I'm guilty of compliancy to what happened on that day even though I was in the city that day when it happened. Maybe time does heel all wounds but this show helped to reopen those wounds and remind me how fragile Freedom really is.

People call the passengers of Flight 93 heroes. I think there more then heroes, I call them Americans. They displayed actions and ideals that our country was founded on, Bravery, Unity, Compassion, Ingenuity, and Self Sacrifice. Hearing the calls and conversations to their families and even to strangers you are reminded why we are doing what we are doing in the war on terror. Let their deaths and the deaths of the thousands of Americans like them remind you why Freedom must prevail. Let their actions remind you why we truly live in a great country.

I agree with you 100% Tommy. You really hit the nail on the head here.

Did anyone happen to tape it? I wanted to see it.

I was talking with someone tonight and she said "I don't understand why so many people want to come to this country."

I stopped and gave her a lecture for about 25 minutes. It was all I could do to prevent myself from hitting her. She seemed to have understood it after a little while. Seems like she needed a better history and culture lesson about the world.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Did anyone happen to tape it? I wanted to see it.

I was talking with someone tonight and she said "I don't understand why so many people want to come to this country."

I stopped and gave her a lecture for about 25 minutes. It was all I could do to prevent myself from hitting her. She seemed to have understood it after a little while. Seems like she needed a better history and culture lesson about the world.

Send her to Belarus for a few weeks.... She'll get it.

Ahh yes, it brought tears to my eyes watching it. It really reminded me of the bravery that was shown. I didn't hear much if any panic in the voices. They knew what had to be done, and they called the loved ones (that is when it really hit me hard) KNOWING they were going to die. I could NEVER, nor will i ever imagine what it is like, but they kept themselves so strong through the entire time, remained clam, and collective. They possibly saved tons more lives by the actions as we all know.

Good Job to the people of UA 93 and a BIG THANK YOU.

To those who were in NYC like Tommy and the others, you guys went through a lot as well.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!