Thread: Air Canada E-175 and E-190 Update

Air Canada E-175 and E-190 Update

I have noticed over the years that AC keeps their flight numbers and flight times consistent but seems to change the equipment types sometimes fairly often and on sometimes only a few weeks notice.Ten days ago AC had 3 175's in the fleet and 5 a day to LGA with some days seeing all three at LGA at the same time around 1530. They now have 5 as F/N 375 just landed here, but starting Tue 9-6 they only have 3 a day to LGA departing at 0655, 1100 and 1530 with arrivals at 1017,1439 and 2059. They are running the 175 to ORD, ATL, BOS, DCA and EWR.
    In Nov LGA-YUL shows all 319's with just one 175 to YYZ, it seems LGA has already outgrown the new airplane. But come Dec 1st the E-190 goes on line, as Phil D posted in the news it's first route is the new EWR-YYC Nonstop and that first line of flying appears to be EWR-YYC-EWR-YYZ-EWR
    with both EWR arrivals after dark. I am sure AC's Dec schedules are not finalized but I did find an E-190 operating YYZ-LGA on Dec 15 and 16 then every day after Jan 2nd so it is coming for sure, Thanks AC ! And BTW the newest two 175's 374 and 375 are a slightly lighter shade of toothpaste blue than all the other new colors AC aircraft !

I spotted C-FEJD (375) today at LGA while waiting for the US E170s. Pretty nice aircraft, brand new only delivered 26 August 2005. I have a photo waiting in the queue for JetPhotos.net.

For those wondering, 374 is registered as C-FEJC
    Christos

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    ron, it sometimes looks like all of the AC airplanes have different shades of paint. it's strange, but depending on the light and the angle each airplane can have a unique color.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Here's C-FEJD (Code:375)
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=540047

Yeah, it all really depends on the lighting. Sometimes the light gives it a deep color that doesn't look good, and other times it gives a light blue color which looks awesome.
    Christos

Remember, AC has money to buy color changing paint :lol:...
    If it 'aint Boeing, I 'aint goin'.

I saw a Air Canada E-175 taking off from LGA today on my way home, I didn't catch the reg though.