Thread: How much will you be spotting with gas $$$ the way it is?

How much will you be spotting with gas $$$ the way it is?

Since gas today near me averaged around $3.20 for regular. How busy will everyone be with spotting? I know the only spotting im gonna do is FRG for the airshow. Until the prices go down, i will NOT be heading out. Just curious to see how everyone else is re-acting

I filled up yesterday on base at $2.53 a gallon...

Off base, yesterday it was about $2.62 a gallon, but from what I've heard today it was up around $2.85 a gallon in most spots.

Hopefully on-base prices won't go much above $2.80....

In any case, if you really stop to think about it, if you're not an idiot who owns a SUV and is tight on money as it is, and you've got a pretty fuel efficient car, all you're really paying is anywhere from $3-$6 more per fill-up.

I fill up about once a week (I get about 320 miles on a full tank (12 gallons)), so yea, I do end up spending about $20-$30 more a month on gas, but it's nothing that's really prohibitive from driving...

The people it hurts the most are teh SUV drivers who get 12-16 MPG and have 20 gallon tanks.

times like these i can't complain about taking public transportation
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

i heard by the end of the month prices will be up to $4

In the grand scheme of things, it's not that much more to fill up for me (maybe $10/week). And since I don't have much of a life anyway, I don't know that I'll cut back much due to the higher gas prices.

I'm broke...

I'll just make someone else drive me around.

I don't think it will stop me from spotting, but as for just getting in the car and taking a drive.. I think I'll start to take walking more often. I have begun a practice of only filling the car to half. My mechanic told me you get better gas milage that way because the car isn't as heavy. If it gets to $4 a gallon for 87 I def will curtail some of my driving and try to carpool a bit if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I don't think it will stop me from spotting, but as for just getting in the car and taking a drive.. I think I'll start to take wakes more often. I have begun a practice of only filling the car to half. My mechanic told me you get better gas milage that way because the car isn't as heavy. If it gets to $4 a gallon for 87 I def will curtail some of my driving and try to carpool a bit if I can.
    WAKES?! LMFAO HAHAHA :lol: :lol: I miss read that :-P

Anyway what I do is i fill it back up when it gets down to the half, I dont fill it up TO the half from the empty tank, I make sure it never goes down past the half tank. I also get better mileage, and plus its cheaper, cause as tommy can attest I am such a cheapass.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!