Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LGA Kids Day Sat Sept 24th

Assuming that the rules that have been in place in the past are still in place, the event is FREE and it is open to the public, child or not.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hey Guys! First post here but I've been reading the forums for quite a while now. Last year I tried to come up for kids day but one of the many hurricanes brought remnants up to NYC that weekend and I had to cancel my bookings because there was no point in coming up to a rainy, soaked LGA by myself. Luckily DL was offering changing of destinations and dates free of charge due to all the hurricanes that month. Anyway... I'd like to come back again this year but I'm weary of bad weather again. For you all, if it rains, no biggy, you just stay home. For me, its a wasted $200. I found a fare for $180 on Delta that would be perfect with times/dates but I'm not sure. If I came, it'd be a weekend trip. Hopefully Sunday would be used to do JFK but I can't do JFK by myself so I'd need someone from the NYC crew to show me around. Chances are I won't be able to afford this trip due to the fact I just bought an LAX trip for October but I'll look at my budget.

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Ok guys... I just looked at prices and my budget and unfortunately there is no way I could do a weekend trip, unless someone would be willing enough to open their couch to me or somethin for the night. Best hotel price I found for the night of the 24th is $130 around LGA. That's almost as much as the airfare. I could POSSIBLY swing a day trip but I hate to go to NYC for only a day. I did that last time I was there and I said that next time I come up, it'd be for a longer time. I'm not sure yet. I'll see what happens. DL for the day is $150 and $180 for the weekend. What do you all think?
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Guys,

Few questions:
    -Do they allow camera bags inside?
    -How to get there from DLS terminal?
    -Do they have website?
    -Are there any places where you can shoot taxing/landing/departing airplanes?

I would love to come to LGA. I have $100 voucher from DL to use it by the end of this year. If somebody can answer to my questions I can start thinking about trip to NYC again.

Now, little bit advertisement for my home town airport :) I'm inviting all of you :)

Also, if you are insterested. IAD has Plane Pull every year. They are collecting money for special olympics for kids. This year it will take place on October 1st, starting at 11am until 4pm. You are on the FedEx ramp right next to active runway 1L/19R. Great place for pictures.
    On this picture you can actually see where exactly it takes place. Those construction guys are in the spot where you can walk without police harrasing you
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/450888/L/
    And here are pictures from that spot
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/481523/M/
    http://www.airliners.net/open.file/670212/M/

And here is the address to the official website:
    http://www.planepull.com/

Take care,
    Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

To answer some of your questions

Do they allow camera bags inside? Yes

-How to get there from DLS terminal? I'd be more then willing to pick you up and drop you off, there is also a free shuttle between terminals at LGA, U could take the shuttle to the Marine Air Terminal, the show is very close to that terminal.

-Do they have website? Not Sure

-Are there any places where you can shoot taxing/landing/departing airplanes? Depends on what runways they are using.

The DLS terminal is the Delta Shuttle Terminal.....it's about a 40 second walk from the Marine Air Terminal to the Kids Day entrance. ;)

No need for Tommy to pick you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    The DLS terminal is the Delta Shuttle Terminal.....it's about a 40 second walk from the Marine Air Terminal to the Kids Day entrance. ;)

Ok I'm a bit slow "DLS" Delta "S"huttle. Yeah U can walk., lol :lol:

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Phil D.":d94e1

Ok I'm a bit slow "DLS" Delta "S"huttle. Yeah U can walk., lol :lol:[/quote:d94e1]
    sheeesh tommy, a LITTLE slow? im not from NYC and even I KNEW that it was walkable. hahaha

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Is 432mm good enough of a lens to bring that day?
    How close can we get to the planes?
    From the spotting spots near LGA is a 432mm lens good enough? (disregarding kids day).
    Thanks

777heavy,

You'll be so close to the planes that you can touch them. 432mm is too much for this kinda of event. I'd recommend a lens that is anything under 100mm.

All of this is with the exception of the Skytypers show.

Woulld i be able to get a net quality shots from this show or will there be to many people blocking the view?

Well, there will be people all around the planes, so you'll have to be creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    . . . so you'll have to be creative.
    But didn't he say he wants "a.net quality" shots? :)

Hi,
    Most the landing at LGA-are they comming in on the 04 runway or the 31?

777heavy, are you talking in general or are you talking about on September 24th?
    For a fact, I know that runway 13-31 will be closed on September 24th so runway 4-22 will be the only one in use.
    Christos