Thread: Video: Bird vs. F/A-18

Video: Bird vs. F/A-18

A demonstration of why birds and jet engines don't get along.

http://www.allfunnyclips.com/videos.html?id=31
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yeah that sucks. Looks like they handled it well. Gained some altitude and had time to assess before they ejected.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

That almost looks like me trying to play a military flight sim....always hearing warnings and flying towards the ground. Cool vid, though.

It's kinda amusing that the warning voice has a British accent.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Seems like it was a training flight of some kind, no?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Seems like it was a training flight of some kind, no?
    Definitely a combat situation, because that was the new weapon that the Taliban use to attack American planes. The heat-seeking pigeon.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that's hilarious, kind of ironic too...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

but if it was an FA-18 which has two engines couldn't they still have landed on one engine instead of wasting what? . . .$100MIL
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Quote Originally Posted by K9DEP
    but if it was an FA-18 which has two engines couldn't they still have landed on one engine instead of wasting what? . . .$100MIL
    The caption on that site could be wrong being that it's not an aviation-centric site. It very well might have been another type.