Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JetBlue E190

JetBlue E190

A lot of stuff has been happening in the area lately, and if you thought things were going to slow down...well...you're wrong!

There's been some more hype about JetBlue's imminent E190 deliveries. While I don't have any specific date as of now, I was told that we'd be seeing revenue flights with the aircraft by September. With this in mind, I suspect the first delivery to take place within the next four to six weeks.

If anybody has more information, be sure to share. As I come across anything, I'll be sure to do the same.

Be on full alert! :)

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Can't wait. It might be cool if we planned some sort of get together to get on the first flight.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

To get ON the first flight? As in, ride it to its first destination? Sounds great....you buying the tickets? :)

On a serious note, maybe NYCA could contact JetBlue to see if we could get invited to the inauguration ceremony at JFK. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they had the media out to see the new plane.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    On a serious note, maybe NYCA could contact JetBlue to see if we could get invited to the inauguration ceremony at JFK. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they had the media out to see the new plane.
    I'm right on it. :)
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Count me in on that. That would be great!

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

No, Eric, you've had enough fun. :)

Just kidding, although the chances of a major airline inviting the 'whole' of an aviation enthusiast site out for the inauguration of the E190 at JFK are astronomically small. We'd have to do something profound in the community to get a reward like that, like fund an AirTrain station at LGA or find a cure for blepharal conjunctivitis. Know what I mean?

Regardless, I'm sure there'll be an NYCA presence in some way, shape, or form. I have already made the site known to the folks at the Forest Hills HQs, and will visit them once again when I have a weekday off work.

Too bad nothing in "www.NYCAviation.com" rhymes with "blue"... ;)

Brian

If you have some contacts there that would be great. I think they have an outside PR firm doing work for them too, I'll look into contacting them.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Count me in as well!
    I'll try contacting JetBlue in the meantime, regarding their E190.
    Christos

Guys,

While I can't stop you from contacting JetBlue, or anyone, on your own, I ask that you not do so in the name of NYCAviation.com.

Brian is actually our PR guy, and I hardly ever even contact other folks, as I leave that to him.

Again, contact them if you want, but Brian has some good contacts already and we, as a group, might make more progress if we let him represent us all.

Just my thoughts.

-Phil
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Guys,

While I can't stop you from contacting JetBlue, or anyone, on your own, I ask that you not do so in the name of NYCAviation.com.

Brian is actually our PR guy, and I hardly ever even contact other folks, as I leave that to him.

Again, contact them if you want, but Brian has some good contacts already and we, as a group, might make more progress if we let him represent us all.

Just my thoughts.

-Phil
    I, too, was thinking this needed clarification (since it was me who originally suggested that NYCA contact JetBlue), but you beat me to the punch. :)

Hey Phil, I was actually going to contact JetBlue just to ask when they would release their E190.
    And yeah, I trust Brian has that other matter taken care of.
    And as you stated, it wouldn't be good if too many people called in under the same name.

Now that I think of it, you guys have probably already asked them when they would release their E190 (a specific date, if they have any).
    I'll shoot them an email though.
    Christos

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    sure... it doesn't sound strange for a 17 year old kid without media credentials contacting an airline to get on a media event to take pictures. damn... friggin airline taught me too much about security. ah well... brian go ahead, break a leg.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I can think of more situations that Brian has succeeded where people with many more "credentials" have failed. Give him some credit.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I can think of more situations that Brian has succeeded where people with many more "credentials" have failed. Give him some credit.
    Amen to that.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    friggin airline taught me too much about security.
    Matt,

So I guess they couldn't teach you anything else... Aviation is just as much a 'who-you-know' industry as it is one based on experience. Neither my age nor my 'reputation' have ever been a detriment in contacting airlines or other organizations.

Thanks for your comment, though.

Brian