Thread: McGuire AFB - July 28, 2005 (many pics)

McGuire AFB - July 28, 2005 (many pics)

I spent the earlier part of the afternoon hanging outside of McGuire AFB in a parking lot for a bowling alley, furniture store, and dollar store, since Runway 36 was the active runway. Still practicing and getting used to the new camera, so here's what I saw. Nothing out of the ordinary, but for an hour's time, the only planes flying were a KC-135 and KC-10 doing touch and goes and a departing C-17. The lighting kinda sucks but I think next time I will go find a better spot to shoot from, and hopefully on a clear day!

I was at the spot for about an hour until someone in a pickup truck pulled up to my spot, parked like 50 feet away from me, and was on his cell phone and looking at what I was doing. He probably decided to call the police and report me and got my license plate. Technically I was not on Air Force property so the military really can't do anything about that, or can they?

*snore*

Ok, I'm kidding. I'm so jealous. I wish I could see or hear those birds a lot. Lucky bastard.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Steve That last shot is great! Thats one worth replicating if one can do it!
    Sorry to hear about the" SPSPICIOUS" person on the phone. I know that sight an the sinking feeling all too well that says...."ah crap....time to go"
    Atleats you got something before you left.
    Senga

I guess that shot goes into the upcoming portfolio!

Wow those are great Steve!!!

Great shots Steve!

My Fiancee lives right under the flight path, I've seen 4 cell KC-10 departures at night, amaizing!..

Lots and lots of all white 747 cargo planes coming and going, also I see those two all White C-32s (757s) operated by the NJ -ANG.

My Fiancee lives right under the flight path, I've seen 4 cell KC-10 departures at night, amaizing!..

Lots and lots of all white 747 cargo planes coming and going, also I see those two all White C-32s (757s) operated by the NJ -ANG.

Clone him

I spent the earlier part of the afternoon hanging outside of McGuire AFB in a parking lot for a bowling alley, furniture store, and dollar store, since Runway 36 was the active runway. Still practicing and getting used to the new camera, so here's what I saw. Nothing out of the ordinary, but for an hour's time, the only planes flying were a KC-135 and KC-10 doing touch and goes and a departing C-17. The lighting kinda sucks but I think next time I will go find a better spot to shoot from, and hopefully on a clear day!
    Oh ye, we all wanna be just like you...