Thread: Comair CRJ Incident at LGA a Few Years Back?

Comair CRJ Incident at LGA a Few Years Back?

I was talking to someone who said that they were on a flight from Montreal to LGA flying Comair (so I assume it's a CRJ).

This person claims that the plane was coming in too low, hit the landing lights and skid down the runway with the wing catching fire. Supposedly from 1999-2000.

Did Delta (Comair) ever even fly to Montreal?

Could this person have confused this with the Delta MD-80 that hit the Rwy 13 lights in 1996? Did the wing catch fire in that incident? And why would he/she say Comair then?

Maybe a different Comair aircraft than a CRJ? (since I assumed it wasa CRJ)

Maybe an exaggeration and there was a much less severe incident involving a Comair CRJ in this time period?

Help me figure this one out. :)

There's only one incident in the NTSB database involving a Comair CRJ at LGA. On 10/24/00, a taxiing 727 clipped the winglet of a CRJ-600 which was stopped on a taxiway.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9