Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spotting July 16-17

ill be out late on saturday...probally around 230 or so. Sunday is a definite though. Brian i might end up calling you to see whats going on, where everyone is

I just checked the weather forecast for this weekend. Yikes. It's supposed to be "scattered thunderstorms" from today through next Wednesday. If it turns out that it is raining on Saturday and Sunday, I'm gonna pass on going out. I'd be up for some dinner with whomever wants to get together, though.

Brian...unless the weather report drastically changes, there's no way I'm getting up at o'dark thirty this weekend. Maybe...maybe...I'd go out for a little bit in the afternoon if, in the morning, the weather looked like it might let up, but I'm not getting up early with the chance that when I do it is raining or overcast.

I agree. I'm curious, though, to see if it'll be Tstorms like last weekend, where we had a few MASSIVE CBs and blue sky with some great light. Either way, minimal spotting or none at all, dinner sounds like a good idea. Tom mentioned a nice/"expensive" seafood/casual place by 31R that has great views of arriving traffic (on 31R), so I'd like to check that out, with or without planes.

Applebees is getting stupid. "Incredibowl"...shut the hell up.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

We'll play it by ear, Brian, and talk about it on Friday evening.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i'm game, finally ahve a weekend off. anybody able to give a ride, i no longer have a car.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

if the weather is crap. guess we'll just re-schedule for next weekend. I also just realized sunday ill be out around noon hopefully, because i have a dept drill sunday morning

Hey cancidas, I'll be coming over the Verrazano on Sat. from EWR area. Where in Brooklyn are you? I guess this all depends on the weather of course but honestly it will take a lot for me not to come this weekend. It'll be my first time hangin' with you guys but I don't mind giving you a lift. :)
    Sweet.

I will also let you guys know on Friday evening if we are coming to town. With the weather like that, we will also postspond trip to the next weekend again.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Hey everyone, its Friday evening and I think I will probably go out, except if its raining or overcast when i wake up. I really want to go so I hope its another day like today, blue skies :) My only question is how do we meet up. I haven't met any of you and I don't have anybody's phone number. If anybody would like to call me, my number is: (386)405-7153 I'm not sure what time you guys plan on meeting but I was going to get up around 6 or so. Let me know so I don't wake up to early haha. See you soon.
    DannyO
    50...40...30...20...10 Retard! Retard! Retard!

Sounds like the weather may just work out in the morning. I'll be out for a bit once I drop my friends off at LGA, then I'm heading off to NJ. Hopefully see some of you guys in the morning.

I had a bit of a problem with setting up the new internet connection here, forcing me to dip into the NYC weekend funds, plus the weather being an issue, so I won't be able to make it up this weekend. D'oh! But when I go back to school I promise I'll be up there every other weekend, or something like that!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    hey proton i'm all the way on the northern tip of brooklyn. the wife has something planned for me so we shall see. send me a pm sat night for a yes/no on whether ill be headed out.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

If the Weather is good I will be out early.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I won't be out, if at all, until the afternoon. It's supposed to be cloudy in the morning, with the possibility of scattered t-storms in the afternoon. If today and yesterday were any indication of what Saturday will be like, the afternoon will be fine but the morning will be kinda dull.